ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport - Overseas application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ujan1
Newly Registered

First British Passport - Overseas application

Post by ujan1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:58 am

I and dual national and soon after naturalization I had to move to Japan for a new job. I applied for my First British Passport online.
Filling in all the sections and double checking it with the local consular at the British Embassy. application arrived at Liverpool on 13oct and not hearing back I called them up near end of november. I was then told they had sent me an email and letter 20 days before asking for further information. I never received any email nor a letter. being told I will get a call in 36 hours I wait . After not hearing back I called again this time they rechecked email address, postal address and mobile phone number and told me to wait again. After 36 working hours I called again only to get the same lines this time the operator mentioned I missed out filling section 4 of the form - no problem (though the local British Embassy consular had checked the application) So this time I gave them my UK mobile number which i still carry and a new email address. I have been told to wait 36 hours again. Can any one tell me if this has happened to them and What am i require to provide for section 4 (my parents were not born in UK nor live in UK they are both late in their lives) I would like to prep any documents before hand so I can resend the documents without any delay. Any help will be much appreciated.
Regards
James

demonjas
Newly Registered

Re: First British Passport - Overseas application

Post by demonjas » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:58 am

The online system is broken for first applications for naturalized / registered citizens. You're best to fill out form OS and send that in. I was asked to fill in my parents info despite neither of them having been British nor having a British passport.

On form OS I had to fill out sections 1,2,4,9 and 10 and have the declarant re sign the last page (same as the previous declarant so no new photos)

Good luck