ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) spouse visa - using university stipend in Category B

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

z123
Newly Registered

FLR(M) spouse visa - using university stipend in Category B

Post by z123 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:07 am

Hi All,

I am in the process of applying FLR(M) visa for my spouse.
I chose category B with combination of category C.
At the moment I am in an non-salaried job earning earning a gross of more than £18600 per year.
Up to Aug this year I have been receiving a tax free stipend equivalent £13000. I thought of combining them both for the last 12 months to show my total income (net basis) to add up to £15800.

I am uncertain of the paragraph 6.4.1 in Appendix 1.7 FLR(M) Financial Requirement.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf

It says that I should be in the receipt of the stipend, but I am not.
So will I be not able use my stipend?

Has anyone else had this issue?
Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR(M) spouse visa - using university stipend in Categor

Post by Obie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:15 am

Well if you in a non-salaried employment and earn over 18,600 gross, why do you wish to add the stipend.

Your spouse will qualify. What is your basis for making your application more complex and daunting.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

z123
Newly Registered

Post by z123 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:32 am

Thank you for your reply.

I only started the non-salaried income in Oct 2014 with current employer, which is showing a gross of £18600 per anum.

The above is inclusive of my partners and mine.

If I am to only use my current employment I have to wait until April 2015. This would mean that I would have to work at my current temporary job until April 2015. The job is not related to my field and is not something I like.

This therefore gave me the thought of using category B with combination of category C, since we have been able to support ourselves with only the stipend until Aug 2014.

The paragraph 6.1.4 on Appendix FLR(M) says that I should be currently in receipt of the stipend. This I find is unfair because until Aug 2014 we got a stipend, and that is an income I would think we could show that for the past 12 months income.

I spoke to UKVI but the contact centre are also not clear about the answer.

aashmore
Newly Registered

Post by aashmore » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:09 am

Sorry to bring this old thread back from the dead, but I was wondering if you had any luck using the stipend to prove you meet the 12 month income requirement? I am in the same situation as you.

Thanks!

salman128
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR(M) spouse visa - using university stipend in Category B

Post by salman128 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:25 pm

Several years on, did either of you have any success with using university stipend?