ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Visa Advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oldfin
Newly Registered

EEA Visa Advice

Post by oldfin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Hello, firstly I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section (hopefully I have not)

I am very confused, as My husband was denied a permanent residence card (He is from Ukraine, I am Lithuanian). Previously, he had a 5 year card (for work as well) that expired in early September 2013. We understand the refusal was because I could not provide evidence that I had been here for 5 years ( had to return home to look after a seriolsey ill relative, but my husband stayed and worked here for a ll five years of his visa).

On on forms that we returned, the statement was "As your Your EEA Sponsor is currently in employment, you are not required to leave the UK as a result of this decision"

We are very confused about this statement, and if anyone could point us in the right direction, it would be very greatly appropriated.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: EEA Visa Advice

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:00 am

If currently you (eu national) are exercising your treaty rights then can simply apply eea2 rc application for your non_eu national partner for getting another 5 years of residence permit.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

oldfin
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Visa Advice

Post by oldfin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:03 pm

Thank you, very much appreciate your advice.

Will my husband need to apply for a work permit ?