ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost my BRP card

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mjay

Lost my BRP card

Post by mjay » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 am

Respected members I am going to apply my ilr on 26th of January 2015 under 10 year rules but I was just checking my documents and realise that I have lost my BRP card
Can some one guide me what to do now can I apply for the new card and how long it's takes to come to me and than apply for ilr or just apply without the original card I have a photo copy of BRP
I'm confused please can u guide me what to do
Thank you very much

mjay

Re: Lost my BRP card

Post by mjay » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:44 am

Any reply please?

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:25 am

Have you got any information in the link?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 77700.html

mjay

Post by mjay » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:24 am

Thank you very much for sending link got little satisfaction but in my case im sending my application by post shall I report the police and get the reference number and mention it in the covering letter or informed home office and get replacement card and than apply but for replacement they took long time and I'm already start countdown of my eligibility days
Thank you if you can clear me more .

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:32 pm

This might not be any helpful answer. But the card wont just suddenly disappear itself. For example if it was there a few days ago and you haven't lost your purse/wallet recently or moved homes etc then there is a high chance that you would find the card if you search a bit harder. Panic/stress of the application makes you forget things easily, try looking at non-obvious places.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:43 pm

mjay wrote:Thank you very much for sending link got little satisfaction but in my case im sending my application by post shall I report the police and get the reference number and mention it in the covering letter or informed home office and get replacement card and than apply but for replacement they took long time and I'm already start countdown of my eligibility days
Thank you if you can clear me more .
Look at the Section 10 - Biometric Residence Permits in the set(O) form.

4. If the BRP was lost, please give the date this was reported to the Home Office Card
Management Service

[ DD-MM-YYY]

5. If the BRP was stolen, please give the police report number, crime reference
number, the police station and the date reported to the police

[DETAILS]

6.If the required BRP is not enclosed then please give details why you are unable to provide it
[DETAILS]

Which case you are going to do?

mjay

Post by mjay » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:22 pm

Thank you very much so i have to report to the police and get the reference for the stolen card ?
thank you

If some one give more details i will be highly appreciate thank for the help and giving time

mjay

Post by mjay » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:34 pm

C9. Where is your BRP now? (please tick)
I am submitting it with this
application
Expired and returned to
the Home Office
Elsewhere in the
Home Office
go to
C11
Stolen Lost go to C10
C10. Have you reported this to the Home Office card management services?
Yes No
C11. Which age group do you belong to (at the date of submitting your application)?
15 years & under go to C12 16 years & over go to part D
C12. What is the title of the person accompanying you to have your biometric details taken?

tuttumun
Newly Registered

Post by tuttumun » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm

HI
i lost my BRP card on 5th jan 2015 after clearing immigration in heathrow, called heathrow immigration office and lost and found they didnot found it ,called underground lost and found got reference number for that also it will take 10 working days for any update and i'm going for 2nd extension on next month .if i submit passport for card replacement i'm not sure when will i get my passport.

any one pls do the needful

Glad3
Newly Registered

Post by Glad3 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:31 am

Hi all, HMRC lost my BRP and Passport
Sent documents 3rd Dec 2014
Biometric Letter arrived 12 dec 2014
Enrolled Biometric 13 dec 2014
Money taken 15 dec 2014
Document----awaiting
BRP card -----awaiting

It is almost 3 months now
Please do anyone have similar experience?