ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Options i have..?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 pm

VictoriaS wrote:
magsi23 wrote:
I disagree you wont get FLR without WP letter since FLR would be based on the outcome of WP application.
He didn't say that you would. But you can apply for FLR before the wp is approved, and then ask them to hold off on a decision until the decision is made on the WP. We do this all the time.

Victoria
Victoria, thanks for clearing that for me. I had totally missed that post.
Jabi

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:06 pm

Docterror wrote:
gr11 wrote:Can i apply for WP and for a student VISA in parallel. ?? I mean is there any restrictions or objections from HO ....
As far as I know, there are no restrictions or objections as such, but...
VictoriaS wrote:I don't see why not.
Wouldn't making parallel applications for WP and Student visa cast doubt on the genuineness of the intend of wanting to be a student? I hope it is not a problem, but I don't know for sure.
The thing is, the WP is dealt with by a totally different department from the Student visa, and, remember, it is not the candidate who applies for a WP but it's the employer. I see no problem with applying for both, and then chosing.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:35 pm

babeeta wrote:sakura wrote
If you choose the course in Feb and your visa runs out in September, there is little chance of the HO giving you FLR for 5 months for nothing
What you mean by FLR here
What if i apply student visa before my leave expires. In this way there there will be no break in my visa..

babeeta
What I'm pointing out is that, I am not aware of the HO giving a student visa NOW (i.e. before your leave expires) when your course begins in February 2008. Why would they give the visa 5 months beforehand? 2 months I can understand, but I don't think they would issue the visa now when your course hasn't commenced, and indeed starts in 2008. Applying now might be too early and/or the visa might be issued to start in Jan 2008 rather than immediately. Meaning you wouldn't have a visa/FLR to cover your stay from Oct-Jan/Feb, and might have to leave the country (and apply for a visa from back home).

That is what I am thinking.

Have you accepted the September course? Have you paid your fees and have sufficient finances to cover your stay? When will you apply for this visa, for the September course?

gr11
Newly Registered

Post by gr11 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:17 pm

What I comprehend from this discussion that i can apply both WP and student application side by side .. Without any fears

I think now I have these options with me

1. Wait for WP decision, if its approved before my leave expires then it well and good other wise I have to apply for FLR(IED).

OR
2. Wait for WP decision, if it’s approved before my leave expires
then it well and good other wise I have to apply student visa.

I think it is impossible to apply for through FLR(IED) and student visa because both need passport to be accompanied