ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working with the EEA family permit or the COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wassim7
Newly Registered

Working with the EEA family permit or the COA

Post by wassim7 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 pm

Dear All,

I am writing to get experience of people that tried applying for jobs in the UK whilst having their Certificat of application (for the residence card) or even by just having their EEA family permit stamp on their passport.

I have gone through some posts on the same topic, I have seen that legally the EEA family permit and the Certificat of application allow to work, but is it really the case?

Thank you very much in advance for your assistance.

Wassim

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Working with the EEA family permit or the COA

Post by chaoclive » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:45 pm

Of course it's legal to work on an EEA FP or a COA but many employers will not accept the EEA FP as it doesn't say that there person can work. I asked the Home Office about this and all they said was that the person would need to wait for the COA to arrive after applying for EEA2.

My civil partner found a job on his EEA FP in Belfast, however, I knew the owner of the restaurant and that made things easier; they trusted me about being able to work on the EEA FP.

wassim7
Newly Registered

Post by wassim7 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Thank you very much "chaoclive". It is a good news that the Home office recognise the COA, as it is issued long before the residence card.

Any other experiences are more than welcome from you guys.

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Hi Wassim,

I arrived in the UK on my EEA Family Permit with my (unmarried) partner in June 2014.
I applied for an EEA2 Residence Card on 27th November and received my CoA (Certificate of Application) with the right to work on 16th December (dated 12th December) 2014.

In answer to your question: I have had no issues whatsoever working in the UK thus far on my EEA Family Permit.
Furthermore, I have been waiting to receive the CoA to accept permanent job applications so yes: employers should be aware that both the following documents allow you to apply for work, accept job offers and continue working whilst a Home Office application is being considered:
- an EEA Family Permit and/or
- a Certificate of Application with the right to work.

If one applies for an EEA2 Residence Card whilst on an EEA Family Permit, then the Certificate of Application issued to you will stipulate the right to work (or continue to work whilst your application is being considered) also.

Best regards!

wassim7
Newly Registered

Post by wassim7 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:00 pm

Hello "Wingsatmyfeet",

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, it is very useful.

So if I understood properly, you worked with your eea family permit before getting the COA?

Best regards,

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi Wassim,

Yes, that is correct.
As stated in my previous email: I worked here in the UK also whilst on my EEA Family Permit.

Any employer worth their salt will know that you can work on this permit, or if uncertain they can check the UK Gov website for confirmation.

Best regards.

rahatmasr
Newly Registered

Post by rahatmasr » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:18 am

Hi guys can anyone help?? I need to Apply eea residence card and i dont know about the supporting documents

ninjaman

Post by ninjaman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:21 pm

rahatmasr wrote:Hi guys can anyone help?? I need to Apply eea residence card and i dont know about the supporting documents
The only way to find out is by downloading the form required, then read the form. You will see "Guidance Notes" included.
read 'Guidance Notes' there you will see supporting documents required.

If you need any help/clarification regarding supporting documents, let us know.

Cheers,

Regards,

Ninjaman