ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR (Tier 2 ICT Complicated) 5.5 Years

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANAG
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR (Tier 2 ICT Complicated) 5.5 Years

Post by ANAG » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:55 pm

All,

I am need of some advise. I have spent 5.5 years in the UK without a continuous break of 180 days in any 12 months. All through the period I have been on Tier 2 ICT category but the situation is quite complicated.

I arrived in the UK in August 2009 and had my visa valid until June 2011. I had to leave UK due to some compelling personal circumstances just before the visa expiry in June 2011 and came back to the UK in August 2011 but under Tier 2 ICT short term category.

I then left UK in August 2012 since the Tier 2 ICT short term was expiring but came back to the UK in November 2012 under Tier 2 Long Term ICT category as I was eligible for it. I have been continuing in this category since then.

When I looked into UKBA's guidance - on the main page it says that I should "have had" Tier 2 ICT visa issued before April 2010 which I do, but then my visa categories changed couple of times since then.

Is there anyway I can make an application or a case for an ILR ?

Regards,
ANAG

t2ict

Re: Eligibility for ILR (Tier 2 ICT Complicated) 5.5 Years

Post by t2ict » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:21 pm

As you have had entry clearances as T2 ICT ST & LT category, you're not eligible for ILR. In your case, continuous residence requirement was broken when you had new entry clearances (> 28 days).