ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How treaty rights period is counted?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chrisnorth

How treaty rights period is counted?

Post by chrisnorth » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:57 am

Just want to make sure. Is treaty rights period (5 years for the purpuses of PR) counted from the day a person enters UK or from the day a person applies for EEA1 or starts working/being jobseeker/self-sufficient?

Thank you.

vinny

Re: How treaty rights period is counted?

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:59 am

As EEA residence documents are not compulsory, it may be from the date of entry (15)
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Hm-m.. My job contract started from May 1, but physically I only arrived to UK 2 months later, on June 30 (university job, they did not really need me "on premises"). My job interview was in the fall of preceding year. There are no stamps in my passport, as I am French citizen. In this case, I wonder should I count from June 30 or from May 1? Can they check my arrival date?
Reading tax code, it seems I can claim myself as "part-year" resident, from June 30..

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Strictly speaking, it starts when you first reside in the UK under the Regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chrisnorth

Post by chrisnorth » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:23 pm

Thank you for replies.

I think I've read that the onus is on a person to prove that they were in a country at a certain day when they apply for PR. Is this true for PR applications or only for ILR? Is there a way to prove that if you don't have a plane ticket (only in pdf format)?