ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tallojani

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by tallojani » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:38 am

nasirss wrote:yes there are some other reasons as well. i submitted my 6 months payslips and bank statements whereas the ECO needs 12 months documents. Alhamdulilah all the financial documents r ready including 12 months bank statements.
We did not provide any evidence or the reason of losing the data. we didnt know abt it at all.
mobile companies r giving us only one months call data.we have got ehatsapp viber n skype history frok july to onward.i personally think skipping the rest of the months would ne another issue for an ECo to refuse again.
If you needed 12 months and you supplied 6 months payslip and bank statements then ECO was right to refuse, unfortunately as you were mentioned it is very unlikely that the decision will be changed in review however it may get overturned in court, that is if you decide to appeal which can take up to 12 months.
If you already have your payslips and bank statements needed to meet the income threshold then reapplying would seem a better option, in terms of communication evidence If you have used a lyca sim frequently then you need to ring them and they will atleast give you last 6 months itemised bills. This still wont solve your problem because you will need communication evidence from time when you returned to UK (after marriage) until time of application. However a detailed letter explaining the fact that you lost/changed your phones and unfortunately Skype/whatsapp data is unobtainable, coupled this letter with the 6 months bill I think you should be alright.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:45 am

@nasirss - if you follow the above you should be ok But reapplying will be a quicker and simpler route to take

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:30 am

Hi,
Can some one who applied from Pakistan reply my some questions please?

1. Once I have submitted on-line spouse visa application on behalf of my spouse, can she pay fee in cash in Pakistan rather I pay on line
here in UK?

2. How to book the appointment at any Gerry centre in Pakistan once I have submitted on-line application?

3. Once I have submitted on-line application, within how many days my spouse has to summit the paper application at Gerry centre in
Pakistan? I mean how long does paper application remain valid after the submission of its on-line version?

Thanks in advance
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

b41
United Kingdom

Post by b41 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am

ilrupdates wrote:Hi,

1. Once I have submitted on-line spouse visa application on behalf of my spouse, can she pay fee in cash in Pakistan rather I pay on line
here in UK?

2. How to book the appointment at any Gerry centre in Pakistan once I have submitted on-line application?

3. Once I have submitted on-line application, within how many days my spouse has to summit the paper application at Gerry centre in
Pakistan? I mean how long does paper application remain valid after the submission of its on-line version?

Thanks in advance
1. You can't pay cash.

2. Once you've paid online you can book an appointment on the same website

3. Once payment has been made and you have booked an appointment, you will have to attend that appointment to submit everything

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:50 am

b41 wrote:

here in UK?

Thanks in advance
1. You can't pay cash.

3. Once payment has been made and you have booked an appointment, you will have to attend that appointment to submit everything
And also everything needs to be conpleted and submitted withinn 28 days of your last bank statement date that you are showing

Pak101
Newly Registered

Post by Pak101 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Laiba1234 wrote: I started working in January 2014, and got paid in bacs. So i could not give a payslip for January as the first payment was in February, but they want the jan payslip. I explained that i get paid in bacs and so did my employer in his letter.

there was also an error on the first payment, the correct amount was not deposited, but this issue was explained and rectified in the supporting letter by both me and my employer. they are just making stupid excuses to be frank. my wife told me that quite a few people had been rejected today when she went to collect her papers.
That is unjust even when you explained it to them. Clearly they're not doing their job properly then.:/ Don't lose hope brother, Allah has a better plan for you.[/quote]

When you applied and provided evidence of communicating with spouse, how much of the telephone communication did you do and show? Was it weekly calls or daily calls or monthly calls etc?

Maria123
Newly Registered

Post by Maria123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Anyone who applied from Mirpur got reply this month please share your timeline.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 pm

b41 wrote:

here in UK?

Thanks in advance
1. You can't pay cash.

Thanks b41 and shreen for answering, can you please reply few more questions?

1 should the Urdu Nikah Nama be endorsed by relavent Union coincil or the seal of Nikah registrar is sufficient ?

2. Home office says that translation of Nikah Nama must be from a certified translator, can you let me know where can I find the certified translator in Lahore? Or should it be translated by any true translator and then I should get it attested by notary public or foreign office?

3. Is it only the LAST bank statement which must be within 28 days or ALL six months statements must be ordered freshly and be within 28 days period?
Thanks again
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:23 pm

ilrupdates wrote:
b41 wrote:

here in UK?

Thanks in advance
1. You can't pay cash.

Thanks b41 and shreen for answering, can you please reply few more questions?

1 should the Urdu Nikah Nama be endorsed by relavent Union coincil or the seal of Nikah registrar is sufficient ?

2. Home office says that translation of Nikah Nama must be from a certified translator, can you let me know where can I find the certified translator in Lahore? Or should it be translated by any true translator and then I should get it attested by notary public or foreign office?

3. Is it only the LAST bank statement which must be within 28 days or ALL six months statements must be ordered freshly and be within 28 days period?
Thanks again

For example if you have submitted 6 months bank statement say 1st jan to the 1st june then your application must be submitted befor the 1st of july ... If you give 1st jan to 1st june statements and submit your application after 1st july then eco will see that you have only provide 5 months statement and july statement is missing.... So you need to submit your application before 1st july !!! Does that make sense !!!!

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:30 pm

@ilrupdates - nikah namah needs to be endorsed by Union Council if you live in mainland Pakistan. However if you are from Azad Kashmir then it needs to be stamped by the Mufti who is the nikah registerer and NOT the union council.

Pak101
Newly Registered

Post by Pak101 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:21 pm

nasirss wrote:Assalamoalaikum

I been visiting this forum for he last 3 months.
My timeline is

Married 15/2/2014
App submitted 2/7/2014
Refused 2/12/2014

the ECO has given us the right of appeal.one of the major reason of refusal is we didnt provide any evidences of communication. Now the stress is ECO wants the evidence of communication n we have lost all the skype, viber and whatsapp history before July. We have asked the mobile phone companies we been using to provide us the details of the phone calls but they didnt help.

Could anyone please give some suggestions in this regard??

Waiting
Walaikum us salam
Sorry to hear about refusal. Did you provide any evidence in the form of photos together, or wedding photos etc?

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:16 pm

Salam alaikum all, hope everyone is doing well.

My wife picked up her passport today, and, unfortunately her visa was refused, hence i wanted some advice from everyone. The reason the ECO has given is that apparently for financial year 2014-2015, HMRC have have no record of me being employed, which is weird. I contacted HMRC to see what has happened, to which they cannot see anything for this financial year, so i asked my employer to find out, and HMRC have said to him, that payment has been made for taxable income from your company, but your accountant hasn't allocated to us to which employee or which months the payments belong to, hence if anyone inquires about my employment they have to say i am not employed. The other problem they say is that the company i work for had dissolved in 2010, which is true because they went from being a LTD company to a SOLE TRADER. Also the ECO has said that as my employer who is my uncle and has the same surname added along with the employment issue, he finds that this is a not a genuine marriage. Now what do you think i should do? appeal or reapply? because ive not done anything false, i know everything is correct. the accountant may be to blame as he may have not filed off the tax payments. Should i reapply or appeal? any advice is well appreciate

Regards:
Ibbzy
Application and biometrics submitted - 27August 2014
Visa Refused - 17 December 2014
Online appeal submitted - 9th January 2015
Notice of a pending appeal - 27th January 2015
Bundle received back from BHC ISB (apparently) - 24th February 2015

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:27 pm

Ibbzy wrote:Salam alaikum all, hope everyone is doing well.

My wife picked up her passport today, and, unfortunately her visa was refused, hence i wanted some advice from everyone. The reason the ECO has given is that apparently for financial year 2014-2015, HMRC have have no record of me being employed, which is weird. I contacted HMRC to see what has happened, to which they cannot see anything for this financial year, so i asked my employer to find out, and HMRC have said to him, that payment has been made for taxable income from your company, but your accountant hasn't allocated to us to which employee or which months the payments belong to, hence if anyone inquires about my employment they have to say i am not employed. The other problem they say is that the company i work for had dissolved in 2010, which is true because they went from being a LTD company to a SOLE TRADER. Also the ECO has said that as my employer who is my uncle and has the same surname added along with the employment issue, he finds that this is a not a genuine marriage. Now what do you think i should do? appeal or reapply? because ive not done anything false, i know everything is correct. the accountant may be to blame as he may have not filed off the tax payments. Should i reapply or appeal? any advice is well appreciate

Regards:
Ibbzy
hello I had the same refusal about HMRC saying about my employment earlier this year, when I was employed and paying taxes, I applied again with a letter from HMRC confirming where I work, what date I started and how much taxes iv paid until date, the reason why I applied again instead of appealing was because I was told if you apply again the reply should be.much quicker then the whole appeal process, the solicitors wrote in my new application that please note there has been a previous refusal but this has been effectively dealt with......... she said it was best to be honest with them that it had got refused before, however its up to u if u want to appeal or re apply good luck wish u all the best x
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:36 pm

Regards:
Ibbzy
HMRC should have records of how much tax every employee is paying under the new RTI system. For example the payslips i receive show the amount of tax I have paid in that pay period.

If the ECO is suggesting a non-genuine marriage or false documents then it could impact future applications. If that was the only reason I would appeal the refusal and then if you want you can apply simulataneously. BUT make sure you sort out your employment Issues first.

rudey786

Post by rudey786 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Maria123 wrote:Anyone who applied from Mirpur got reply this month please share your timeline.
Salaam Maria. Thats quite quick inside 2 months initial assessment complete! Did u chase to find this out or did they send you an email themselves to tell you this?
Online Form: 14 Nov 14
Documents & bio: 21 Nov 14
Requested to send additional docs: 2 Feb 15
Concluded email received: 4 Feb 15
Visa collected: 6 Feb 15 :-D
Cat A - Mirpur

May Allah (swt) grant everyone success with their Visas In Sha Allah.

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:59 pm

alil2014 wrote:

Regards:
Ibbzy
HMRC should have records of how much tax every employee is paying under the new RTI system. For example the payslips i receive show the amount of tax I have paid in that pay period.

If the ECO is suggesting a non-genuine marriage or false documents then it could impact future applications. If that was the only reason I would appeal the refusal and then if you want you can apply simulataneously. BUT make sure you sort out your employment Issues first.

Salam brother, thats what i dont understand, the new RTI system should show how much tax has been paid, as i stated before HMRC have said that payments have been made by your employer, but the accountant failed to specify which employee it is for and which months it covers, based on that the ECO thinks its not a genuine marriage and possible use of fake documents.

Maria123
Newly Registered

Post by Maria123 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 pm

Wslaam.. No I emailed them myself and got this responce. Do you know what month applicatioms Mirpur have got to yet?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:46 pm

@ibbzy- HMRC should have records of every employee working for a company and a breakdown of how much tax has been paid by each employee. Did you receive a P60 lasted year 2013/14 (as it would show your annual tax deductions etc)? From the ECO point of view it will look dodgy to them if no details of your taxes are held by HMRC.

Give HMRC another ring and ask them to confirm what employment info they hold about you and see if they can post it out to you. Also speak to your company accountant and ask him why HMRC have no records of how much taxes you have paid and get it fixed on your employers side. Only then can you clear this issue.

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 pm

@alil2014, yep bro i have a P60 for financial year 2013-2014, so they do have records of me working, accountant will be in touch with HMRC tomorrow.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:50 pm

Maria123 wrote:Wslaam.. No I emailed them myself and got this responce. Do you know what month applicatioms Mirpur have got to yet?

From previous posts it looks like at the moment Mirpur is processing August applications with a few from July remaining. Don't think they've reached september yet.

September applicants are most likely to hear back in the end of December/ Janauary and October applicants are likely to hear back in February...

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Ibbzy wrote:@alil2014, yep bro i have a P60 for financial year 2013-2014, so they do have records of me working, accountant will be in touch with HMRC tomorrow.
Hopefully then it can be sorted out very soon but for your appeal/ or when reapplying make sure you get a letter from HMRC stating the amount of tax paid by you etc.

If you can get a letter within the next few weeks showing taxes were paid then I would probably ask for a review and submit accountant letter stating what the issue was and that it was a mistake on their side etc... plus attach HMRC letter confirming taxes have been paid

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Also ECOs assumption that your marriage is non-genuine because you are not employed as you said will never stand up in court if it goes to appeal, it's more of a distraction.

Your main issue is taxes not showing up on HMRC files so If you sort out that then everything else will fall into place inshallah.

Ibbzy

Post by Ibbzy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 am

@alil2014, how long does a appeal take generally? because i have proof ready for an appeal, and once i get it sorted out by HMRC then i will be completely ready but on the fence about appeal or reapply?

fawad iftikhar

Post by fawad iftikhar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:10 am

alil2014 wrote:
Maria123 wrote:Wslaam.. No I emailed them myself and got this responce. Do you know what month applicatioms Mirpur have got to yet?

From previous posts it looks like at the moment Mirpur is processing August applications with a few from July remaining. Don't think they've reached september yet.

September applicants are most likely to hear back in the end of December/ Janauary and October applicants are likely to hear back in February...

your right....but what about in other cities apart from Mirpur? i also doubt that they will start working on sept apps in January next month....hope we all hear back positive decision soon this long wait is a killer :(
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:44 am

Ibbzy wrote:@alil2014, how long does a appeal take generally? because i have proof ready for an appeal, and once i get it sorted out by HMRC then i will be completely ready but on the fence about appeal or reapply?
a review can take about a month or two to complete (have seen some people hear back within weeks) but a full appeal can take anywhere from 6-12 months and then further waiting once passport is submitted if decision is overturned.