ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying from outside UK!!URGENT!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AnaPavlova30
Newly Registered

Applying from outside UK!!URGENT!

Post by AnaPavlova30 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Hello, I'm currently a tier 4 student and my college had its license revoked today. My partner(dutch citizen) is in Australia for work and we were gonna get marry in June when he'll be back. But now I'll only have 60 days and probably will have to go back to my country. I have a few questions:
1)Can I apply for a fiance visa(but the european route) without being married? In that case I'd just apply to join my partner here and get marry in that meantime and then apply for an eea permit.
2)I don't need a visa to come to the UK(as a tourist), can I come anyway and get marry here?
3)Should I get marry before applying for a fiancee visa?

Hope someone can help me.
Thanks!!

Anna912
Newly Registered

Re: Applying from outside UK!!URGENT!

Post by Anna912 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:37 am

Hi Ana,

I am not sure if there is a fiance visa under EEA law. It seems, the best solution is to get married and apply to EEA Family permit to come into the UK as a wife (with the subsequent Residence card application)