ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds Form SET (O) filling query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mukh_mafi
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds Form SET (O) filling query

Post by mukh_mafi » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:59 am

I am on Tier 1(G) for last 5 years and now applying for ILR at form SET(O).

On page 61 of Form SET(O) second question is about your finances do i need to tick this or it is not applicable to me. As to my understanding there is no requirement of maintenance funds in case of applying to ILR.

Your help in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Dani

Subtle

Re: Maintenance Funds Form SET (O) filling query

Post by Subtle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 pm

For ILR, there is not any requirement for showing that you have x amount of funds available to you. But you are still required to show/prove that you/your dependants are able to sustain a living in the UK. Show/prove your sources for income and your current residential arrangements. Therefore whenever you fill in section 5 of the SET(O), you have to back this claim by providing the required documents as in Section 11.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Maintenance Funds Form SET (O) filling query

Post by sagareva » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:29 am

[quote="mukh_mafi"]I am on Tier 1(G) for last 5 years and now applying for ILR at form SET(O).

On page 61 of Form SET(O) second question is about your finances do i need to tick this or it is not applicable to me. As to my understanding there is no requirement of maintenance funds in case of applying to ILR.

Your help in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Dani[/quote]

well, this one is a frequent question

there is no maintenance funds, and there is a bit of confusion with this form -- remember, the form is not intended for Tier 1 general only, but for a range of categories

generally you have to fill in section 5, and it is better to tick the question on page 61, but in case of Tier 1 general settlement it is not expected that you provide anything on finances other than the income documents needed to claim income points (which may or may not include bank statements depending on the documents you choose to provide). I had cases for T1G settlement that succeeded without a single bank statement

but i always also say that if you have a couple of current statements and they look good, enclose them for good measure
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**