ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Refused Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eejzx
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Refused Pakistan

Post by eejzx » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi there,

I'm writing on behalf of my bro in law.

He applied for a spouse visa for his wife from Pak on 27th Aug, Got refused 15th Sept.

Reasons for refusal... No home inspection, the reason he didnt get this as the council said to him as the tenancy was in his name he did not need it.
They were married in Pak in June 2013, bro in law stayed with his wife in Pak til Aug 2013, then went a year after again in June 14 and stayed till Aug 14. Provided skype call history but they said there is more missed calls then actual calls. He did not provide previous divorce papers which was another point of refusal. They said was not enough proof that marriage is subsisting .

He did not provide a bank statement that was within the 28 days that he applied, even though my husband kept telling him too. He provided a payslip up until end of June, again his mistake. Other thing is he gets paid in cash and the cash gets paid a few days here or there, whenever he gets a chance to go to the bank, this was also pointed out.

He has been given 28 days to appeal. He went to a solicitor, who says his charge is £700. But as for getting the rest of the documents together which he willing to do, but the solicitor said this is not needed yet, they just want an explanation of the discrepancies?

This sounds a little suspicious to us, I thought he would have to submit the evidence that was missing, no?

Also what happens at an appeal?

Thank you for any replies

xx

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa Refused Pakistan

Post by physicskate » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:48 pm

eejzx wrote:Hi there,

I'm writing on behalf of my bro in law.

He applied for a spouse visa for his wife from Pak on 27th Aug, Got refused 15th Sept.

Reasons for refusal... No home inspection, the reason he didnt get this as the council said to him as the tenancy was in his name he did not need it.
They were married in Pak in June 2013, bro in law stayed with his wife in Pak til Aug 2013, then went a year after again in June 14 and stayed till Aug 14. Provided skype call history but they said there is more missed calls then actual calls. He did not provide previous divorce papers which was another point of refusal. They said was not enough proof that marriage is subsisting .

He did not provide a bank statement that was within the 28 days that he applied, even though my husband kept telling him too. He provided a payslip up until end of June, again his mistake. Other thing is he gets paid in cash and the cash gets paid a few days here or there, whenever he gets a chance to go to the bank, this was also pointed out.

He has been given 28 days to appeal. He went to a solicitor, who says his charge is £700. But as for getting the rest of the documents together which he willing to do, but the solicitor said this is not needed yet, they just want an explanation of the discrepancies?

This sounds a little suspicious to us, I thought he would have to submit the evidence that was missing, no?

Also what happens at an appeal?

Thank you for any replies

xx
He should reapply with the correct evidence. Seems like he did not meet the minimum evidence requirement. Address these points and apply again. An appeal will take ages (year or more) and it appears that the decision was correctly made, which means it won't be overturned!

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 pm

There are too many VALID points of refusal very unlikely to get overturned on review. I would advise to re-apply as it would be much quicker and most likely cheaper too.

Address the main issues
1. Last Payslips should not be older than 28 days
2. Decree Absolute/ divorce certificate needs to be provided to show he is free to marry
3. Communication evidence - call logs, messages, travel tickets, money transfers, gifts/ presents
4. Housing inspection report - usually only required if in shared accommodation

But 1 and 2 are the more important as without those your brother in law will have no chance.

Hope this helps

eejzx
Newly Registered

Post by eejzx » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 pm

Thank you for your replies. So I've read somewhere it only. Takes 3 months to appeal. Is that wrong?

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:00 pm

eejzx wrote:Thank you for your replies. So I've read somewhere it only. Takes 3 months to appeal. Is that wrong?
That is definitely wrong, even the luckiest appeal cases which are overturned successfully taken 5/6 months and those are so far and few between.

Actual appeal teams and responses ie. getting a passport back with a VISA stamped in your hand will be 10-12 months.