ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exercise treaty rights in Ireland for extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Exercise treaty rights in Ireland for extended family member

Post by Babajee85 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi Guys,

I am asking this question on behalf of my friend.He is a British national and recently moved to Ireland.
He has got the job there.He just moved there recently and doing the job from last two months.His younger brother is there too (in Ireland) who arrived on Visit visa.He has 3 months visa.He is there from last one month.

He has already visited the UK too on visit visa previously.

So the questions are

Can his brother (British national) exercise his treaty rights there in Ireland and apply for EEA family permit for his brother as extended family member

Thanks

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Exercise treaty rights in Ireland for extended family me

Post by Babajee85 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Babajee85 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am asking this question on behalf of my friend.He is a British national and recently moved to Ireland.
He has got the job there.He just moved there recently and doing the job from last two months.His younger brother is there too (in Ireland) who arrived on Visit visa.He has 3 months visa.He is there from last one month.

He has already visited the UK too on visit visa previously.

So the questions are

Can his brother (British national) exercise his treaty rights there in Ireland and apply for EEA family permit for his brother as extended family member

Thanks
Anyone there please .Thx

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:47 pm

anyone please who could answer..Thx

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:32 am

Extended family tend to get visas/residence permits as family members of EU citizens only at the discretion of Member States after considering personal circumstances. It must be exceptional circumstances, which can include financial dependency on the EU citizen, or a serious medical condition which makes the non-EU family member dependent on the EU citizen, or the non-EU family member is a recent member of the household of the EU citizen in the country from which the non-EU family member came from.

Babajee85
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Babajee85 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:09 pm

rosebead wrote:Extended family tend to get visas/residence permits as family members of EU citizens only at the discretion of Member States after considering personal circumstances. It must be exceptional circumstances, which can include financial dependency on the EU citizen, or a serious medical condition which makes the non-EU family member dependent on the EU citizen, or the non-EU family member is a recent member of the household of the EU citizen in the country from which the non-EU family member came from.
Thanks for the reply.He is dependent on him.He is sending him money every month.He was the member of household back in Pakistan too.

Can you please let us know about the application form and what docs need to submit.

Thanks