ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

st2447

Re: EEA2 Surinder Singh 3 Month Success Story

Post by st2447 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:01 pm

RESH wrote:hello

I am amazed at how you processed this. I am in Ireland at the moment and I ma exercising my treaty rights for my mother to join me. I have a few questions!
how long did the prtb document take to process? The PRTB letter arrived within a few weeks
How did you get the eea2 perit without the irish residency card, as it says in the application that one must have it?
You don't need an irish residency card to apply for an eea2 or an family permit
My solicitor says I need that card to make an application for the family permit in the uk
Surinder Singh
Arrived in Ireland with Pakistani Spouse: 27 Jan 2014
Returned to the UK with Spouse without Family Permit: 7 May 2014
Applied EEA2: 8 June 2014
Received COA with right to work: 19 June 2014
Received UK Residence Card: 30 July 2014

st2447

Re: EEA Route /Spouse

Post by st2447 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:05 pm

chanjeewa.wb wrote:Dear Everyone

Please advice with me the followings.

1. I will be exercising my EU TREATY RIGHTS in Ireland / France with my Indian national wife. My wife got short stay Schengen visa to travel to France and her application for short stay Irish visa is under process in India. Ideal destination for us is Ireland and I would like to know that once you got the visa does she need to travel either of these countries straight way? For an example can she travel 6 weeks later once the visa is issued? The Schengen visa is valid from 5 November 2014 for 3 months. Yes, the visa was valid for travel 3 months after date of issue.

2. We are waiting for a decision on Irish visa application was made as spouse of EU citizen over 3 weeks ago and waiting to hear. Can someone please help if we travel 6 weeks left on her visa to enter either of these countries would it affect anyway to apply for the resident card? You should be ok as long as you travel before the expiry date on the visa

Please help.
Surinder Singh

st2447

Post by st2447 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 pm

Tompa wrote:Hi Sti 2447,
I got your reply.Thank you.i wanted to know 2 things.
1. I wanted to know if you got the letter from INIS through the redirection or was it sent through a recorded delivery system(signed for like the first one when they returned your documents).
2. I also wanted to know if it was just a letter instructing your wife to go and take your residence card or it was instructing you to accompany your wife for the card just like the Stamp 4 card.
Thanks very much

Tompa
Hi
1. I received the letter from the INIS in the UK, It was redirected from ireland to the UK and needed to be signed for.
2. The letter requested both of us to make an appointment with the local guarda(GNIB) and attend together.
Surinder Singh

chanjeewa.wb
Newly Registered

EEA Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by chanjeewa.wb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:41 pm

Dear Everyone

Happy New year to you all.

I would be very grateful to any of your knowledge with regards to EEA Comprehensive Sickness Insurance.

My wife recently got an Irish visa to join me in Ireland from India, and we travelled together to Dublin.
We are in process to apply and send EU1 form and need a EEA Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. I made
few online and over the phone enquiries in UK WITHOUT any success. AXA International said they don't
cover Ireland due to the Irish licensing laws.

Can someone please help me with this issue and I would like to know where I can find one?

Your timely help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

ali06031987
Newly Registered

Post by ali06031987 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Hello everyone,

Just need some clarification here....I want to obtain a PPS as I am in Ireland and based on the research I did and seen, I went to submit all the relevent docs at parnell street, dublin (UK passport, UK driving license, evidence of address) . I was asked for what reason I need a PPS- is this what also happened to you as well?

It appears that you cant just get a PPS just like that but by a justified means. Its understandable why this may be the case but I am wondering how people are managing to get PPS before getting a job. Afterall, by taking the SS route, you would want your PPS first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

st2447

Post by st2447 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:06 am

ali06031987 wrote:Hello everyone,

Just need some clarification here....I want to obtain a PPS as I am in Ireland and based on the research I did and seen, I went to submit all the relevent docs at parnell street, dublin (UK passport, UK driving license, evidence of address) . I was asked for what reason I need a PPS- is this what also happened to you as well?

It appears that you cant just get a PPS just like that but by a justified means. Its understandable why this may be the case but I am wondering how people are managing to get PPS before getting a job. Afterall, by taking the SS route, you would want your PPS first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi, I'm not aware of the procedure to obtain a PPS number at the moment but this time last year you didn't need proof of employment. You could try insisting that you need one for the EU1 or to register as self employed.
Surinder Singh

ali06031987
Newly Registered

Post by ali06031987 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi,

Thanks for that. So things have seemed to have changed by the looks of it. For self employment purposes, again I was let under the impression that you need to show them the proof of that rather than they just giving it to you.

So uptil last year how did it work? Was it a matter of just simply turning up with the 3 proof docs and ask for a PPS?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:20 am

This is a great thread. Thanks for people posting their stories

st2447

Post by st2447 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:44 pm

ali06031987 wrote:Hi,

Thanks for that. So things have seemed to have changed by the looks of it. For self employment purposes, again I was let under the impression that you need to show them the proof of that rather than they just giving it to you.

So uptil last year how did it work? Was it a matter of just simply turning up with the 3 proof docs and ask for a PPS?

Yes, they still made an issue , saying we can't issue a PPS to a non eea(my wife). They didn't have an issue giving me one(british citizen)

If you tell them that you need one to register for income tax with the revenue they are required to give you a PPS.
Surinder Singh

ali06031987
Newly Registered

Post by ali06031987 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:58 pm

income tax....ok...would they need to see anything for that or will they take my word for it? I got the impression that they are strict and without relevant proof, they may not be inclined to issue one.

Thanks

st2447

Post by st2447 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:54 pm

ali06031987 wrote:income tax....ok...would they need to see anything for that or will they take my word for it? I got the impression that they are strict and without relevant proof, they may not be inclined to issue one.

Thanks
I'm not certain but its worth a try. I cant really imagine what proof they would require that you intend to register for tax.
Surinder Singh

irajaforyou
Newly Registered

Post by irajaforyou » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 am

Hi i am british citizen living in ireland for about 2 months

i need some guidence if someone can tell me what documents is required for a spouse visa of British citizen . And how long does it take to get the visa now I have been told it takes longer now.

Is one pay slip is ok to sponsor my wife from pakistan

Please guide me thanks

irajaforyou
Newly Registered

Post by irajaforyou » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 am

Hi i am british citizen living in ireland for about 2 months

i need some guidence if someone can tell me what documents is required for a spouse visa of British citizen . And how long does it take to get the visa now I have been told it takes longer now.

Is one pay slip is ok to sponsor my wife from pakistan

Please guide me thanks

irajaforyou
Newly Registered

Post by irajaforyou » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 am

ali06031987

You need to have tenancy agreement very important

Your passport

Utility bills

They can ask you why do to need pps

These are the documents you need

sam2325
Newly Registered

Post by sam2325 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 pm

I brother.I am in ireland.As i am british citizen and become self employed here with clothing business.is it help full for SS route.More i want to ask you that how you get the letter from local doctor?

Other thing is i came in jan 2015 and i jst became self employed here. so does my 3 month count as i am living in ireland or they only count as how may month i work or being self employed?

nclsmiley
Newly Registered

Post by nclsmiley » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:00 pm

Hi Jasmin Kool

Can you please let me know how did you travel to Belfast, was it by Coach, Train, Car rental etc. Or is anyone else able to help. Thank you very much for your reply in advance.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Why do you want help?

Do you have accessibility problems?

If not, just get on the transport of your choice. One billion people travel between Dublin and Belfast every day. I have crossed NI-ROI border by coach, train, bus without any problems. Just like I would travel to Birmingham or leeds from Manchester.

maaberglady45

Post by maaberglady45 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi St2447
upon getting your COA how did you register for NI and bank account(which bank to be precise) because i have been to almost all the banks and they are all saying without my passport they cant open an account for me.Also to obtain an NI is an issue as they are also saying without my passport they cant give me an interview for NI.Please help.
Thanks

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:21 am

Hi,
I am British national and I have been working in Ireland for 7months before I applied for my depandant parents visa in the middle of March. I have used a solicitor and she helped me complete all the paper work required. We applied for a single stay visit visa for my parents giving them a choice to apply for a EU1 once they are in Ireland.
It's been 6 weeks and we have not heard back from irish consulate. I was wondering if someone can tell me how long it took them to apply for this visa.
Thanks

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Sun May 10, 2015 5:57 pm

HI,

Would like to know about the dependent parents visa under surinder singh route.

thanks

vkjainuk

Post by vkjainuk » Sun May 10, 2015 5:59 pm

Abs566,
Please update re you status on the board.as I would like to apply for dependent parents in ssme route.
Abs566 wrote:Hi,
I am British national and I have been working in Ireland for 7months before I applied for my depandant parents visa in the middle of March. I have used a solicitor and she helped me complete all the paper work required. We applied for a single stay visit visa for my parents giving them a choice to apply for a EU1 once they are in Ireland.
It's been 6 weeks and we have not heard back from irish consulate. I was wondering if someone can tell me how long it took them to apply for this visa.
Thanks

Abs566
Newly Registered

Post by Abs566 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:51 am

vkjainuk,
We are still waiting for visa. Have spoke to INIS dublin and there is approx 8-10 weeks wait.

st2447

Post by st2447 » Tue May 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi, apologies for the late replies, I've replied directly to some of you by PM.

hi maaberglady45, we used the Irish drivers permit( provisional) , coa and photocopy of passport to apply for both
Surinder Singh

itsmanu
Newly Registered

Post by itsmanu » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi,
I am looking to get my dependant parents to UK via SS route. I am planning to move to Ireland for 6 months or more.
I have couple of questions

1. Can I use my UK limited company for invoicing purpose if I find a contract in Ireland. Will it create any problem for me to prove that my centre of life changed from UK to Ireland.

2. Do I have to move my family [wife and kids] as well or only I can move to Ireland and still be successful in SS route?

I would really appreciate if someone can answer this questions

thanks.

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Abs566 wrote:vkjainuk,
We are still waiting for visa. Have spoke to INIS dublin and there is approx 8-10 weeks wait.
Hi Abs566

Any update on the visa application?