ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neo.kap

Passport application query

Post by neo.kap » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi,

I am applying child's first passport based on parents ILR status. Child's both parents are now naturalised British Citizen but havent applied for their passport yet.

I booked a FastTrack appointment for child's first passport and the guy on the phone said If parents are naturalised citizen now then I need to submit parents naturalisation certificates too for child's application. I gone through guidence document and I didnt see this requirement anywhere.

The problem is that one parent's naturalisation certificate has been sent to Home office for error correction. so I can submit only one parent's certificate.

Isn't parents BRP cards and passport sufficiant?

have anyone gone through similar situation? please advise

ban.s

Re: Passport application query

Post by ban.s » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:02 pm

just one parent's document is sufficient.

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:13 pm

ban.s wrote:just one parent's document is sufficient.
Is it a requirement to submit parents naturlisation cert?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:17 pm

A british passport doesn't confer citizenship rather it's a travel document derived on the basis of naturalisation or birth.
So if a parent is british, passport office will usually want to see the naturalisation certificate or birth certificate.

neo.kap

Post by neo.kap » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:40 pm

But I am applying on the basis of parents ILR not based on citizenship as baby was born after ILR and before naturalisation

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:58 pm

Ah ok. I agree - only the immigration status at the time of birth is relevant not the current citizenship status.
We have seen here that telephonic customer service advices are not always accurate.