ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rhymer2k
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by rhymer2k » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 pm

fielddrive wrote:
rhymer2k wrote:Woohoo!!! My return envelope tracked and is out for delivery!! Wow i'm so surprised! Shame i have to work :(

Looks like my nightmare is almost over. Goodluck Spatacus!

congrats @rhymer2k!!!!
Thanks man...good to see you back checking up on the rest of us

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:46 pm

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -june-2014

I just some people might find the statistics useful.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Gazelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gazelle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi All,

I have a simple question: A friend sent off the SET (LR) application in mid-September 2014. An acknowledgement letter was received a week later.

To this date, no invitation for biometric registration has been received (now 3 months later).

Is it worth calling the HO to check what happened?

I see that most people are invited much sooner than this.

Thanks.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:39 pm

Gazelle wrote:Hi All,

I have a simple question: A friend sent off the SET (LR) application in mid-September 2014. An acknowledgement letter was received a week later.

To this date, no invitation for biometric registration has been received (now 3 months later).

Is it worth calling the HO to check what happened?

I see that most people are invited much sooner than this.

Thanks.
He should have call long time before.

Gazelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gazelle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Thanks for that input.

The problem is that I advised him to apply independently because the case is completely straightforward. Ten years' legal stay, with no overstay or extended absence and a UK degree as well.

However, he still decided to go with a lawyer and this same lawyer is now saying there is no need at all to call to enquire about this, because many times the approval comes before the Biometric invitation! I have never seen this though.

Anyone else agree with imraniqbal as well?

calcium1
Newly Registered

Post by calcium1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 pm

friend's lawyer is a lunatic. you should have contacted the home office much earlier. anyow plz contact them immediately u wont be able to receive ur decision unless and until u provide them with the bio metric info.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:12 pm

Gazelle wrote:Thanks for that input.

The problem is that I advised him to apply independently because the case is completely straightforward. Ten years' legal stay, with no overstay or extended absence and a UK degree as well.

However, he still decided to go with a lawyer and this same lawyer is now saying there is no need at all to call to enquire about this, because many times the approval comes before the Biometric invitation! I have never seen this though.

Anyone else agree with imraniqbal as well?
Was he joker or what? HO doesn't consider any application without having a biometric detail.

Gazelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gazelle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:17 pm

Many thanks for these replies folks, I will immediately get the message across. Until now I had no support but at least it is obvious now that I am not the only one who thinks this is very unusual!!

I think the phone number was posted on this thread somewhere, I suppose that will be the best one to use.

The solicitor was just insisting that it is completely unnecessary because the acknowledgement letter proves that it's not like the case is lost or something.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:25 pm

Gazelle wrote:Many thanks for these replies folks, I will immediately get the message across. Until now I had no support but at least it is obvious now that I am not the only one who thinks this is very unusual!!

I think the phone number was posted on this thread somewhere, I suppose that will be the best one to use.

The solicitor was just insisting that it is completely unnecessary because the acknowledgement letter proves that it's not like the case is lost or something.
Acknowledgement letter means payment has been gone through and application is valid. The next step is to have a biometric information and which requires biometric letter. The bizarre thing is you friend didn't get reminder of biometric letter. Usually if you fail to have your biometric within a given timeframe, HO sends a reminder letter and give your 2nd chance, I am not sure if your friend's solicitor received any bio letter/reminder on behalf of your friend. It is serious mistake by solicitor and should be reported to HO.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:31 pm

[quote="Gazelle"]Many thanks for these replies folks, I will immediately get the message across. Until now I had no support but at least it is obvious now that I am not the only one who thinks this is very unusual!!

The solicitor was just insisting that it is completely unnecessary because the acknowledgement letter proves that it's not like the case is lost or something.[/quote]

@ you should provide Name and Firm of those solicitors in this forum. So we know, never go there in future..hahaha
Your friend should call HO ASAP..

pareshthapa
Newly Registered

Post by pareshthapa » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:10 pm

I received my ILR today. Applied on 22/08/2014. Biometric enrolled on 19/09/2014. I haven't received my documents yet so not sure about the decision date. Only BRP arrived. Positive result anyways. All the best to all others.

Can someone please help me:
My wife joined me on student dependent visa on 31/08/2005.She is currently on Tier 2 Dependant visa which is set to expire in 2016. She will complete 10 years in next 7 months. Doers she need to switch to ILR dependant or she can continue on her current leave. Same applies to my 11 years old son.

Regards

Gazelle
Newly Registered

Post by Gazelle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:08 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Acknowledgement letter means payment has been gone through and application is valid. The next step is to have a biometric information and which requires biometric letter. The bizarre thing is you friend didn't get reminder of biometric letter. Usually if you fail to have your biometric within a given timeframe, HO sends a reminder letter and give your 2nd chance, I am not sure if your friend's solicitor received any bio letter/reminder on behalf of your friend. It is serious mistake by solicitor and should be reported to HO.
Thanks Arsal. Actually the solicitor said what you said! Except his answer was that "since we have not received a reminder, it means the HO never sent an invite in the first place, therefore everything is on track and they will send the invite when they are ready, so sit tight".

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:55 pm

[quote="pareshthapa"]I received my ILR today. Applied on 22/08/2014. Biometric enrolled on 19/09/2014. I haven't received my documents yet so not sure about the decision date. Only BRP arrived. Positive result anyways. All the best to all others.

My wife joined me on student dependent visa on 31/08/2005.She is currently on Tier 2 Dependant visa which is set to expire in 2016. She will complete 10 years in next 7 months. Doers she need to switch to ILR dependant or she can continue on her current leave. Same applies to my 11 years old son.

Regards[/quote]

@pareshthapa
They have to change their Visa Status to ILR dependant.

fawadjamshed
Newly Registered

Post by fawadjamshed » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:17 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Had u expedited the case or through normal process u got within 4 weeks.
fawadjamshed wrote:Hi

My ILR -LR was accepted within a four week time and home office send me my documents back on 5th of Nov through royal mail sign for option. I was away and was unable to recieve my mail and royal mail had send it back to liverpool address. I have contacted BRP delivery service and got my BRP redelivered but now going around in circle to redeliver my passport and other documents.

I am being told to get intouch with dept 84 at Liverpool address and can only post them (which I did). I am planning to travel next wednesday and was wondering if there is any contact number or email through which I can expedite my request ?

No I it was normal process but all documents were in order. But anyone know how to request to resend documents again?

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:25 pm

fawadjamshed wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:Had u expedited the case or through normal process u got within 4 weeks.
fawadjamshed wrote:Hi

My ILR -LR was accepted within a four week time and home office send me my documents back on 5th of Nov through royal mail sign for option. I was away and was unable to recieve my mail and royal mail had send it back to liverpool address. I have contacted BRP delivery service and got my BRP redelivered but now going around in circle to redeliver my passport and other documents.

I am being told to get intouch with dept 84 at Liverpool address and can only post them (which I did). I am planning to travel next wednesday and was wondering if there is any contact number or email through which I can expedite my request ?

No I it was normal process but all documents were in order. But anyone know how to request to resend documents again?
Do you mean our documents were random or in missing order? that's why we all waiting for more than 3 months. I dont think you got ILR on long residency or you expedited your case on compassionate ground.

Meeeeee123
Newly Registered

Post by Meeeeee123 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:37 am

pareshthapa wrote:I received my ILR today. Applied on 22/08/2014. Biometric enrolled on 19/09/2014. I haven't received my documents yet so not sure about the decision date. Only BRP arrived. Positive result anyways. All the best to all others.

Regards
Congrats dude. I was a silent reader of this wonderful forum until today. But getting really impatience lately. I had applied 12th Sept dno when my freedom will come?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
:( :(

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:50 am

Meeeeee123 wrote:
pareshthapa wrote:I received my ILR today. Applied on 22/08/2014. Biometric enrolled on 19/09/2014. I haven't received my documents yet so not sure about the decision date. Only BRP arrived. Positive result anyways. All the best to all others.

Regards
Congrats dude. I was a silent reader of this wonderful forum until today. But getting really impatience lately. I had applied 12th Sept dno when my freedom will come?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
:( :(
keep your patience high and think yourself as you are on M25 and whenever you received take any exit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:38 am

HOME OFFICE FOR CHRISTMAS SAKE SPEED UP YOUR PROCESSING.WE ARE JUST HUMANS.

peace84

Post by peace84 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 am

shahfurqan wrote:HOME OFFICE FOR CHRISTMAS SAKE SPEED UP YOUR PROCESSING.WE ARE JUST HUMANS.
no news either about any September approvals :(
wait is becoming very tuff & uneasy! and I applied on 1st sept 2014 and in the tracker as M2A.

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:04 am

Arsal385 wrote:
Gazelle wrote:Many thanks for these replies folks, I will immediately get the message across. Until now I had no support but at least it is obvious now that I am not the only one who thinks this is very unusual!!

Acknowledgement letter means payment has been gone through and application is valid.
The acknowledgement letter is sent out to all the applicants when HO receives their visa application(s), it's NOT a proof that visa application fee has successfully gone through or if the visa application is valid.

Visa applications only gets validated by a case worker once the application fee gets processed.

However, a Bio invitation can be considered as a proof of application being valid since it only gets sent out to the applicants after the validation process of application(s) by an assigned case worker.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:33 am

Lets Hope August App will get good news today or B4 Xmas...!!!!!!

rhymer2k
Newly Registered

Post by rhymer2k » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:58 am

Just to confirm that i received my docs and approval letter today after it was sent to my local delivery office. My biometric card came yesterday as well but is being rescheduled for Monday. Really wish everyone else waiting the best of luck and good xmas hol.

Its nice that we all band together regardless of age, sex, race, religion etc for a common cause. Please let us try to be good citizens of the country that has harboured us for this long.

Regards all.

Ps. Can someone please update the sheet

Bio received 18th Dec, Approval date is 16th Dec.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:13 am

rhymer2k wrote:Just to confirm that i received my docs and approval letter today after it was sent to my local delivery office. My biometric card came yesterday as well but is being rescheduled for Monday. Really wish everyone else waiting the best of luck and good xmas hol.

Its nice that we all band together regardless of age, sex, race, religion etc for a common cause. Please let us try to be good citizens of the country that has harboured us for this long.

Regards all.

Congratulations mate. You can now enjoy festive period freely. I called HO and the lady sheeren confirmed me that they are dealing applications received in the first week of September. I applied on the 10th of September and she confirmed me that it is awaiting to be assigned to caseworker.

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 am

rhymer2k wrote:Just to confirm that i received my docs and approval letter today after it was sent to my local delivery office. My biometric card came yesterday as well but is being rescheduled for Monday. Really wish everyone else waiting the best of luck and good xmas hol.

Regards all.

Congratulation rhymer2k! Wish you all the best :D

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:20 am

Arsal385 wrote: Congratulations mate. You can now enjoy festive period freely. I called HO and the lady sheeren confirmed me that they are dealing applications received in the first week of September. I applied on the 10th of September and she confirmed me that it is awaiting to be assigned to caseworker.
Well we should all thank this lady Sheeran who seems to give a little bit extra information yet again :) Thank Arsal for the update.
Next person calling please do speak to Sheeran :P
Happy Friday all!!