ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Income and ILR application as a spouse of British citizen

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Seena

Income and ILR application as a spouse of British citizen

Post by Seena » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:51 pm

Dear All,

My sister is applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain on SET(M) form as a spouse of British citizen. She was approved the two years spouse visa before the commencement of new law in July 2012.

Now her two years spouse visa is due to end in few weeks time and she is applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain, and she need to prove that she and her husband must prove that they have enough money to adequately support and accommodate themselves.

Both of them work full time. Her husband earns about £ 2100 per month and she earns about £ 1250 per month. So collectively they earns about £ 3350 per month.

Could some one please confirm if this amount is enough per month as income. Both of them have never claimed any kind of social welfare payments / benefits in their life.

Also if you could send me any helpful link from home office which clearly indicate the guide-line...

Your quick reply will be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Income and ILR application as a spouse of British citize

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:08 pm

As she is under the old rules, they only have to prove that they can accommodate and maintain themselves without recourse to public funds.

Besides, they earn more than the financial requirement under the new rules anyway so they should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.