ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employers In Tier 2 (General Visa)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hazelsanz
Newly Registered

Switching Employers In Tier 2 (General Visa)

Post by hazelsanz » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Hello,

I am currently on a Tier ( general visa) and have been offered a new job with a new company who have assigned me a CoS which they did not send to me 4 weeks after they recived it and now it expires in the first week of february. The new company have not provided me with a proposed start date that they might have put in their application for CoS. So I have a couple of questions before I put in my tier 2 application.

1. When I apply for the new Tier 2 work permit Do I need to provide a start date for the new job i,e chase the HR in the new company for the date that they would have provided?

2. Is there generally some time between getting the new work permit in hand and the proposed start date on the CoS? Basically I need to work out when I can give my notice to my old company

3. Generally what has been the experiences of other people when switching jobs. Have your applications been successfull?

Thanks
hazelsanz

vinny

Re: Switching Employers In Tier 2 (General Visa)

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Why do you need to switch from Tier 1 (General) to Tier 2 (General)?

Doesn't Tier 1 (General) allow you to work with your new company anyway?

Do you have problems with extension and settlement on Tier 1 (General)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hazelsanz
Newly Registered

Re: Switching Employers In Tier 2 (General Visa)

Post by hazelsanz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:59 am

Hi,

Sorry just realised I did not write that I am currently on Tier 2 (General) so i am switching employers for my new job.