ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 am

apex221 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote: Congratulations mate. You can now enjoy festive period freely. I called HO and the lady sheeren confirmed me that they are dealing applications received in the first week of September. I applied on the 10th of September and she confirmed me that it is awaiting to be assigned to caseworker.
Well we should all thank this lady Sheeran who seems to give a little bit extra information yet again :) Thank Arsal for the update.
Next person calling please do speak to Sheeran :P
Happy Friday all!!
Yes she doesn't seem to be hesitant when it comes to giving you extra information.She also said my application will be dealt in this month but I replied this is apparently the last full working week of this month and obviously next week you all guys will be disappeared. However, she mentioned that HO will be closed only on 25,26 Dec and 01 Jan and will be opened on rest of the days with reduced staff.

Surprising I got connected within 20sec of my call, I would suggest you to call HO right away and dig out more info from her.

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:02 am

Arsal385 wrote:
apex221 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote: Congratulations mate. You can now enjoy festive period freely. I called HO and the lady sheeren confirmed me that they are dealing applications received in the first week of September. I applied on the 10th of September and she confirmed me that it is awaiting to be assigned to caseworker.
Well we should all thank this lady Sheeran who seems to give a little bit extra information yet again :) Thank Arsal for the update.
Happy Friday all!!
Yes she doesn't seem to be hesitant when it comes to giving you extra information.She also said my application will be dealt in this month but I replied this is apparently the last full working week of this month and obviously next week you all guys will be disappeared. However, she mentioned that HO will be closed only on 25,26 Dec and 01 Jan and will be opened on rest of the days with reduced staff.

Surprising I got connected within 20sec of my call, I would suggest you to call HO right away and dig out more info from her.
** ITS GOOD TO HEAR THAT THEY STARTED APPLICATION FROM SEPTEMBER AND ONE ALLREADY APPROVED FROM THIS FORUM VIRUSFOUND01. ARSAL385 YOU AND MYSELF APPLIED SAME DAY ON 10th SEPTEMBER. LETS SEE WHO GET FAST APPROVAL :). I THINK WE WILL GET IT BETWEEN 5TH JANUARY > 16TH JANUARY 2015. WHAT DO YOU THINK? FINGER CROSSED :)
GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO IS STILL WAITING LIKE US. **

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:14 am

** ITS GOOD TO HEAR THAT THEY STARTED APPLICATION FROM SEPTEMBER AND ONE ALLREADY APPROVED FROM THIS FORUM VIRUSFOUND01. ARSAL385 YOU AND MYSELF APPLIED SAME DAY ON 10th SEPTEMBER. LETS SEE WHO GET FAST APPROVAL :). I THINK WE WILL GET IT BETWEEN 5TH JANUARY > 16TH JANUARY 2015. WHAT DO YOU THINK? FINGER CROSSED :)
I have a same feeling as well but HO lady told me that it could be this month :).
I would recommend you to call HO now and see what they say about your case.

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 am

Arsal385 wrote:
I have a same feeling as well but HO lady told me that it could be this month :).
Did you call today? Do you have any idea how long will take to get my Mrs flr as i applied on end of october. will it come before mine or after? Thanks

apex221

Post by apex221 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:30 am

Arsal385 wrote:
apex221 wrote:
Happy Friday all!!

I did!! I got through easily too but unfortunately a male picked up he ( didn't quite catch his name too excited to speak to Sheeran ) anyways he said he couldn't pass me through just like that but was nice enough to tell me that my application in progress and they are working on the first week of Spetember applications. He said it looked doubtful that I will receive it before January as they still are clearing the back log of August application.
Logically I think they willt ry to clear the August and first 2 weeks of September this month that is with a big "IF" SO I am now patiently waiting for January 2015!!

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:32 am

ronzie wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Did you call today? Do you have any idea how long will take to get my Mrs flr as i applied on end of october. will it come before mine or after? Thanks
Yes I called this morning. Your Mrs FLR M case is on hold and cannot proceed until a decision on your application is made. Give them a call and check status of you and your Mrs case.

fameface
Newly Registered

Post by fameface » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:35 am

I have a question and timeline to check on this forum :

came in the uk in 2004 aug with a visitors visa, was advised i could change over to a student visa by my college, was not allowed to by the ukba then in the uk. i went back to india, on the 13th dec 2004, came back to the uk on jan 2015 on student visa.

Question one those the first 6 months count towards by ten year route. cause i was carrying out full term college studies i was 17 then.and have letters confirming the that which i sent with my application.

After that i have had a 6 yrs student visa and 2 years psw visa and 2years section 3c .

i sent in my application to the home office in aug 2014, based on the 10 years route and 3 months before my appeal in dec 2014.

will the home office be issuing my visa.

i earn over 75 thousand pounds, and have a british child.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am

[/quote] I did!! I got through easily too but unfortunately a male picked up he ( didn't quite catch his name too excited to speak to Sheeran ) anyways he said he couldn't pass me through just like that but was nice enough to tell me that my application in progress and they are working on the first week of Spetember applications. He said it looked doubtful that I will receive it before January as they still are clearing the back log of August application.
Logically I think they willt ry to clear the August and first 2 weeks of September this month that is with a big "IF" SO I am now patiently waiting for January 2015!![/quote]

You still got some valuable information mate regardless of that lady. Based on above we should wait till week commencing 05/01/15 and will see how it goes. In the meantime, we should enjoy xmas break and forget our case at least for the next 2 weeks.

fameface
Newly Registered

Post by fameface » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 am

finally another question, is this conviction spent and will it be ignored in obtaining ilr 10 years.

basically i assaulted a officer but was only ordered to pay a fine, this was over 3 years ago. no harm done was just very minor.

will this affect my visa. or should i be thinking of moving back to india.

i disclosed it but the home office have brought it up in previous application... the gaudiness states after two years for fines are my right.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am

fameface wrote:I have a question and timeline to check on this forum :

came in the uk in 2004 aug with a visitors visa, was advised i could change over to a student visa by my college, was not allowed to by the ukba then in the uk. i went back to india, on the 13th dec 2004, came back to the uk on jan 2015 on student visa.

Question one those the first 6 months count towards by ten year route. cause i was carrying out full term college studies i was 17 then.and have letters confirming the that which i sent with my application.

After that i have had a 6 yrs student visa and 2 years psw visa and 2years section 3c .

i sent in my application to the home office in aug 2014, based on the 10 years route and 3 months before my appeal in dec 2014.

will the home office be issuing my visa.

i earn over 75 thousand pounds, and have a british child.
Any continuous legal stay in UK regardless of visa type is accounted towards 10 years rule. Also on SET LR application, for ILR your 10 legal stay in the UK, Life in the UK and English knowledge are the top 3 factors than anything else. However, other factors can also be taken into account. But if you do not fulfil top 3 factors than they will give discretionary leave of 2 years on other factors. Do you have British born child or British child from your husband settlement/ citizenship.

fameface
Newly Registered

Post by fameface » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:52 am

i have a british born child with my ex partner. and i meet other requirements , thanks i can sleep okay tonight then

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:59 am

fameface wrote:finally another question, is this conviction spent and will it be ignored in obtaining ilr 10 years.

basically i assaulted a officer but was only ordered to pay a fine, this was over 3 years ago. no harm done was just very minor.

will this affect my visa. or should i be thinking of moving back to india.

i disclosed it but the home office have brought it up in previous application... the gaudiness states after two years for fines are my right.
I think this should be OK as long as they only fined you and you had paid on time.
However, you still need to disclose this in your application.

the_onebd
Newly Registered

Post by the_onebd » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:17 pm

shahfurqan wrote:HOME OFFICE FOR CHRISTMAS SAKE SPEED UP YOUR PROCESSING.WE ARE JUST HUMANS.
I called HO yesterday regarding my application and the lady said its not completed yet. Today called again out of my frustration and this time the lady one phone politely replied that the application is "Outstanding"! I've no idea what is that supposed to mean! :(

Everybody was saying they will either say its being processed or you will hear form us soon but "outstanding" application seems like a new term! The lady confirmed that they have started Sept 2014 application so GL to all Sept ones. I'm really nervous now! :(
She did mention though it won't be too late now since I have been waiting for a long time now. If they are suppose to reject my application, it will be done quickly now ..... .... :(

dareto10
Newly Registered

Post by dareto10 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
apex221 wrote:
Happy Friday all!!

I got through as well.I spoke to a lady but it wasn't Sheeran. She told they have started working on September applications and I should continue to wait. I applied on 13th September. when I asked what week in September are they working on and how soon will I receive a response she said all she knows is they have started working September applications and they don`t disclose to them the date or week they are working on and I should continue to wait.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:55 pm

I got through as well.I spoke to a lady but it wasn't Sheeran. She told they have started working on September applications and I should continue to wait. I applied on 13th September. when I asked what week in September are they working on and how soon will I receive a response she said all she knows is they have started working September applications and they don`t disclose to them the date or week they are working on and I should continue to wait.
It is weird that some of the HO staff don't bother to provide accurate information and want to keep us in dark. Looks like August applications have broken all the HO record of receiving SET LR cases and as a result of that it has pushed all the September onwards applications significantly. Everyday we get new august applicants requesting us to add into tracker and get less news from existing august applicants who are already on the tracker. But things are moving slowly....

ukvishal
Newly Registered

Post by ukvishal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Guys,

I have been a silent reader of the forum and wanted to share my timeline here. I wish all those waiting that all your applications get approved very soon.

27.08.2014 - Sent ILR Application
28.08.2014 - Received by Home office
29.08.2014 - Money debited by Homeoffice
05.09.2014 - Letter Received from Homeoffice (Letter Dated 29.08.2014)
16.09.2014 - Received an e-mail confirmation from Home office
18.09.2014 - Biometrics letter received (letter dated 15.09.2014)
18.09.2014 - Biometrics given
10.12.2014 - Approval Letter Dated
12.12.2014 - Received Approval Letter
19.12.2014 - Received Biometric card.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 pm

ukvishal wrote:Guys,

I have been a silent reader of the forum and wanted to share my timeline here. I wish all those waiting that all your applications get approved very soon.

Congratulations mate. good to see that you are banged with your approval.

the_onebd
Newly Registered

Post by the_onebd » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Congratulations! :)

LastPhase1
Newly Registered

Post by LastPhase1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Congrats UKvishal.... that is a very comforting news for us. This is why I like this Forum...

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Congrats @ukvishal just wondering r u on tracker ?
...polite request to all silent readers please add your details to tracker before getting approvals too . It's good you wanna share and thank forum but still it helps

Thanks in adance

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:41 pm

This week has been the slowest week approval wise. If they continue like this then they cant finish sept b4 the end of Jan 2015.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:12 pm

Hey guys,

Any specific reason why Sep Applicant Virusfound who got approval was deleted of the tracker ?????

Someone did raise concerns that it was fake approval ... However, Virusfound came on forum and said he did receive approval ..

Now I see his details are taken off totally :?:

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:38 am

Many members called ukba but nobody asked whether they work on Saturdays too.

frahman
Newly Registered

Post by frahman » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:16 pm

Hi Every one,
I'm here just to share some of my experience regarding my wife's spouse visa application. I applied for my ILR on 2nd Feb,2014 and HO approved it on 13th May 2014, My wife applied same time for spouse visa .. requesting to process her application after a decision has been made on my application. We did not include my 5yrs old daughter in the Application (and my wife was pregnant at the time of application) , we mentioned that in hour application , in April HO asked us to provide more info(letters for the last two years , my daughter's passport and birth certificate ) which we provided . ***(my wife is with me as a dependant since 2007) .we kept waiting , in the meantime I got my ILR , But nothing for my wife's application. in September this year they asked us to provide my new born baby's Birth certificate ( my son was born after my ILR granted , so he is British in birth , I assume). we did sent the birth certificate and after a week they sent the outcome of my wife's visa.

Refused the initial application for spouse visa which supposed to fall under old 2 years rule, saying that my wife doesn't satisfy the language requirement and the language certificate we did sent was not an approved provider and in this basis they are refusing the application .

And they granted discretionary leave for 30 months as the y don't see it is reasonable to ask a baby to leave this country with his mom or live here without her. and they mentioned to keep applying every 30 month until she finishes 10 year to qualify for settlement. 10 years!!!!!!!! these people in HO what they think of themselves .....

No appeal rights given as she has an valid leave now which they issued after they refused the initial application.

I'm planning to apply for her (spouse visa ) again in 2015 as I don't have problem with income threshold. but still she will have to wait 5 years for settlement.

any suggestions guys .. .. in the meantime if you guys need any advise .. just ask.
thank you.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:35 pm

frahman wrote:Hi Every one,
I'm here just to share some of my experience regarding my wife's spouse visa application. I applied for my ILR on 2nd Feb,2014 and HO approved it on 13th May 2014, My wife applied same time for spouse visa .. requesting to process her application after a decision has been made on my application. We did not include my 5yrs old daughter in the Application (and my wife was pregnant at the time of application) , we mentioned that in hour application , in April HO asked us to provide more info(letters for the last two years , my daughter's passport and birth certificate ) which we provided . ***(my wife is with me as a dependant since 2007) .we kept waiting , in the meantime I got my ILR , But nothing for my wife's application. in September this year they asked us to provide my new born baby's Birth certificate ( my son was born after my ILR granted , so he is British in birth , I assume). we did sent the birth certificate and after a week they sent the outcome of my wife's visa.

Refused the initial application for spouse visa which supposed to fall under old 2 years rule, saying that my wife doesn't satisfy the language requirement and the language certificate we did sent was not an approved provider and in this basis they are refusing the application .

And they granted discretionary leave for 30 months as the y don't see it is reasonable to ask a baby to leave this country with his mom or live here without her. and they mentioned to keep applying every 30 month until she finishes 10 year to qualify for settlement. 10 years!!!!!!!! these people in HO what they think of themselves .....

No appeal rights given as she has an valid leave now which they issued after they refused the initial application.

I'm planning to apply for her (spouse visa ) again in 2015 as I don't have problem with income threshold. but still she will have to wait 5 years for settlement.

any suggestions guys .. .. in the meantime if you guys need any advise .. just ask.
thank you.
What english language certificate your sent to HO to support your wife application?

Also the other option is as your wife joined you in 2007 so technically she will be able to complete 10 yrs legally in 2017. so when you reapply for your spouse case next year....make sure she will get visa beyond 2017 so that she can apply on the basis of 10 years in 2017.