ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document certifying PR (EEA3), Naturalization and Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Daniel_S
Newly Registered

Document certifying PR (EEA3), Naturalization and Documents

Post by Daniel_S » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello,

My story:

EEA national, exercised treaty rights as a postgraduate student from September 2008 to September 2013 and received the official permanent residence (PR) card on December 2013 after applying for the EEA3.

After 1 year of having the blue PR card (December 2014), I applied for a British Citizenship through the NCS. The NCS representative said I needed to provide all the Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (CSI) for the 5 year qualifying period, or alternatively PR payslips if I exercised treaty rights as a worker. I already provided my CSI last year for my PR application. The NCS representative said the PR card is irrelevant and that all documents proving exercise of treaty rights must be submitted again (including the CSI for example as a student).

Is that correct or was the NCS worker perhaps misinformed about the significance and usefulness of the EEA PR card? She did send my application eventually but what are the chances the home office requests again all my documents, which I submitted already last year? Do the departments at the home office work in tandem ?

slough_Boy

Re: Document certifying PR (EEA3), Naturalization and Docume

Post by slough_Boy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:34 am

If you completed 12 months after the issuance date of Document Certifying Permanent Residence card, you do not need to submit any proof of exercising treaty rights again, If you apply before 12 months of PR then u need AGAIN.

NCS staff is WRONG WRONG and WRONG.
THEY ARE NOT QUALIFIED .

Daniel_S
Newly Registered

Post by Daniel_S » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 am

Thanks slough_Boy, I also thought they were misleading me and putting me into extra pressure for no reason.

I did submit my British Citizenship application 12 months+2 days after the issuance date on the blue PR card.

However, when I submitted my application I did fill in questions 2.4 - 2.6 and namely what I have been doing in the U.K for the past 6 years as an EEA, although without the documents, as they were already handed in last year for the PR card. I hope 'too much information' doesn't harm in this case, filled it only for completeness. I just mentioned that I was a postgraduate student for 5 years (2008-2013) and working since 2013-. That shouldn't harm should it?

Jersey

Post by Jersey » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Daniel_S wrote:Thanks slough_Boy, I also thought they were misleading me and putting me into extra pressure for no reason.

I did submit my British Citizenship application 12 months+2 days after the issuance date on the blue PR card.

However, when I submitted my application I did fill in questions 2.4 - 2.6 and namely what I have been doing in the U.K for the past 6 years as an EEA, although without the documents, as they were already handed in last year for the PR card. I hope 'too much information' doesn't harm in this case, filled it only for completeness. I just mentioned that I was a postgraduate student for 5 years (2008-2013) and working since 2013-. That shouldn't harm should it?
You may want to read my experience recently at NCS: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 77078.html