ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa status,extension once primary gets ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sitharaj
Newly Registered

Dependent visa status,extension once primary gets ILR

Post by sitharaj » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello All,

Greetings !!
I am in a tricky situation now and need some expert advise.
Below is more info about my situation
1. I am currently on a Tier 1 visa valid till 27 Oct 2016 and in UK since Oct 2009. I recently got the eligibility for my ILR.
2. My wife joined me in June 2013 in the UK on Tier 1 dependent visa and her visa is valid till 27 Oct 2016.

I am in a fix and not sure what might happen to my wife's visa status once I change my visa category to ILR.

Someoen told me that she can stay in the current Tier 1 dependent visa till 27 Oct 2016.
If this is true, what would be the category she would switch to, to remain in the UK. ?

Please suggest.

Kind Regards,
Sithara

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa status,extension once primary gets ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:48 pm

She can stay on Tier 1 dependent and extend it until she meets the requirement for ILR. If she switches to FLR(M) after you obtain ILR, her clock will reset to zero for ILR and she will have to wait for a further 5 years.

She is not required to switch unless you apply for ILR based on long residency of 10 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sitharaj
Newly Registered

Post by sitharaj » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello CR001,

Thanks a lot for the reply. It made me feel light now.

May I ask if I am eligible for ILR and use the format - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto, given the fact that I am on a Tier 1 visa since 26 Oct 2009.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Satya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Set O is the correct form for you and if you meet all the requirements and your absences are within the limits allowed, you should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sitharaj
Newly Registered

Post by sitharaj » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:54 am

Hello CR001 et all

Thanks a lot for that. I am sorted out now, waiting for bank statements for my PEO appt

My advise to all is once you order the bank statements, and follow it up next day.
Christmas time is always tricky.

Thanks,
Satya

Eash17
Newly Registered

Post by Eash17 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi

I'm eligible to apply for ILR in April from Tier 1 visa. My wife joined me in UK in November 2013. Now my question is shall I apply my ILR first and then apply my wife as my dependent??? If so which category I need to choose for my wife?? I'm also thinking to go for same day appointment. Can we both go on the same day and apply for the visa.. Plz give me your advice. Thanks

Eashwar

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:02 pm

Eash17 wrote:Hi

I'm eligible to apply for ILR in April from Tier 1 visa. My wife joined me in UK in November 2013. Now my question is shall I apply my ILR first and then apply my wife as my dependent??? If so which category I need to choose for my wife?? I'm also thinking to go for same day appointment. Can we both go on the same day and apply for the visa.. Plz give me your advice. Thanks

Eashwar
Please read what I have already answered in this thread. Tier 1 dependent extension until she qualifies for ILR if you are applying for ILR on basis of 5 years Tier 1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Eash17
Newly Registered

Post by Eash17 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I got some confusion. Please explan to me the difference between extending as Tier1 dependent or FLR((M)category.
My wife came to uk on tier 1 dependent in November 2013, I ll get ILR in April and if i apply tier 1 dependent for my wife how many years she will get her visa?? And how many extensions she is allowed before she apply for ILR?? Because her 5 yrs term finish on November 2018. Can she extend until that with tier1 dependent category?? I also read in gov.uk website that they are closing settlement with tier 1 inapril 2018, does this affect my wife ILR??
Also plz tell which is the best category ( tier 1 dependent or FLR M )for my wife to extend her visa.
Thanks.
Eashwar

Eash17
Newly Registered

Post by Eash17 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:03 am

Hi

Iam struggling to make an appointment for the premium service at one of these PSO. How many days before I can book an appointment??? My visa expiry date is on 16/04/15 and the dates showing active is until 2nd week but every time when I'm login to book including midnight 12 it's showing no appointments available ....
Plz help me

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:10 am

UKBA release appointments up-to maximum 42 days in advance if you are looking any appointment around 16/04 then you might have to wait until mid of Feb .

Eash17
Newly Registered

Post by Eash17 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Dear malik

Thank you for the information