ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fawad iftikhar

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by fawad iftikhar » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:59 am

Moa7 wrote:Fawad the emails I got were both from ISLAMVisaInfo@fco.gov.UK.
Try requesting another status update on Monday and see what they say. I don't trust this international enquiry service, their replies are not always correct.
Another thing you can do is visit Gerry's on Monday and see if your documents are already there. Maybe they missed sending you the official emails or something.
Don't worry and best of luck! : )

thanks moa7 for your reply...so that means there is possibility that answers from ukvi international queries could be incorrect

i will check gerrys on monday...i dont really wanna bug ukvi again n again. should i ask for update from ISLAMVisaInfo@fco.gov.UK ??

i think alot of people from aug/sept are getting their decisions so i was wondering if i am in q for sending me concluded email.

anyway good luck ill check and update you all
bio-metrics(Khi)- 02 Sept 14
RFC 24 dec 14 : rejected on financial grounds
Jan 8 15 : appealed (oral) inside the UK
Feb 23 15 : notice of pending appeal with ECM deadline till 6 June 2015

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:57 am

@Fawad iftikhar
You should wait for their official e mail.which should arrive
by Monday I guess. Don't waist your time by visiting Gerrys an being disappointed. Inshallah the result will be positive. :D

roger354

Post by roger354 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:17 am

can any one link to facebook page of immigration boards?
Applied@islamabad on 8/12/2014
Email received Decision delayed on 11/2/2015
Processed email received on 9 march 2015
10th march visa Granted mashallah :D

Moa7

Post by Moa7 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:20 am

Fawad, yes the enquiry service reply may be correct, but can't say for sure. I don't think you should email at the ISLAMVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk. If you're in a hurry (like I am) you can visit Gerry's and not wait for the email/call.

Though I was wondering if we can call Gerry's and ask them over the phone if our documents have reached? Any idea?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:17 am

Hi guys I received a message from UKVI that my wife's visa has been referred to another authority for enquiries or final decision. Hoping to hear good news too next week inshallah. Spoke to my cousin who is an immigration solicitor and he said I should here within a few working days.

My wife also applied on the 15th September from Mirpur

faisalkhalil25
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhalil25 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:15 pm

rudey786 wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:
faisalkhalil25 wrote:Sugarplum786 any update on your application case yesterday somone said November are hearing something back :roll:
hello hope your ok, thank you for your reply earlier, I asked for an update of the application via email on thursday the 18th of December I received an email saying it still has not been
checked by an eco :/ :(:(
seeing bk people's time lines and stories hopefully inshallah our case goes foward to ECO in January my friend who work with me apllied last year for his wife visa and got in 3 months and his a afganistani .we have nothing to worry about sugarplum we fulfilled the ECO's requirements our case is genuine keep calm be cool and our time of glory will come soon inshallah got everyone back on here so don't worry it's hard just have to mentally focus yourself and pray the best solution to all promblems
aww thank you u 2 im counting every day and days r going even slower i applied on 26 nov what date did u apply again bro and thanks so much for ur advice and support may allah shower u with loads of blessings inshallah ameen and i hope those who are anxiously waiting get their visas inshallah ameen xx[/quote]

Ameen guys.

We applied November too. Havnt sent any requests for updates yet - might do after xmas period.

Faisal - did you say someone who applied in November has heard back? Do you mean with visa or heard back in terms of update?

In Sha Allah may we all be successful[/quote]

Rudey 786 i think its just general updates i feel that they working a little bit faster clearing the backlog up so it should be good for us
Sugarplum786 sis applied near same time as you
submitted online Application on 10th nov 2014
Documents & and biometrics submitted 21st
15 December get responce after tracking application get response our application has not yet assessed by ECO

faisalkhalil25
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhalil25 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:36 pm

Sugarplum786 sis and Rudey786 and the rest of you this how our spouse visa Application is the current protocol after
Application is lodge hope this will help understand process what my uncle told me that is past to him by afriend of his

After you hand your application into Gerry’s, they keep the copy file and the original is sent of the British Embassy. Some time this can take up to a week to get there as they have to be a certain number of applications because they are transported in a high security van.

Once they get to the British embassy, they are sorted out in date order an placed in locked storage until such time it is allocated to one of the Pakistani staff to make checks and inquiries in Pakistan about the applicant background.

All documents provided in Pakistan are checked and rechecked for their authentic and originality. Inquires and checks are made with various Pakistani government depts., schools, employers, Police and some time field visits to the applicants town or village are required if they is any doubt.

Most people know that things don’t move fast in Pakistan (if at all sometimes) these checks can take a good few weeks (even longer s there is the slightest doubt in application).

Once these checks are made and notes added to files, they are passed onto another person in another team, who then carries out checks on the Sponsor and the docs they have provided.

This person carries out the checks on the sponsors employers with HMRC, with the employers themselves, Police records, checks with Dept of Work and Pensions and the local Council on the individual themselves.

Once this is done, it is passed onto a third team whose job is to check the authenticity of the documents and works out whether the applicant meets the financial requirements depending on which category they apply.

Once this is one, it is passed onto the Entry Clearance Officer who will take intro consideration all the notes made by his other colleagues and then make the final decision to either grant or refuse the visa.

Once he has done this it is passed onto a team who will make arrangements to return the documents back to Gerry’s. In most but not all cases they inform the applicant or the sponsor the decision has been made and the docs will be returned to Gerry’s from where they can be collected.

Gerry’s will the either phone, write or send an email to applicant/their sponsor to come in and collect their docs. Remember Gerry’s don’t know whether the visa has been granted or refused as it comes in a sealed envelope.

Only when the applicant opens the envelope, they find out their fate.

people ask why some take so long whilst other get sorted out within a few months. The answer is that no TWO applications are the same.

Each application takes different times when these checks are being made. This could be a result of no response from the people from whom the inquiries are being made with, or that as a result of one inquiry, it leads to other questions being asked from others. This drags out the matter even further.

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:41 pm

faisalkhalil25 wrote:Sugarplum786 sis and Rudey786 and the rest of you this how our spouse visa Application is the current protocol after
Application is lodge hope this will help understand process what my uncle told me that is past to him by afriend of his

After you hand your application into Gerry’s, they keep the copy file and the original is sent of the British Embassy. Some time this can take up to a week to get there as they have to be a certain number of applications because they are transported in a high security van.

Once they get to the British embassy, they are sorted out in date order an placed in locked storage until such time it is allocated to one of the Pakistani staff to make checks and inquiries in Pakistan about the applicant background.

All documents provided in Pakistan are checked and rechecked for their authentic and originality. Inquires and checks are made with various Pakistani government depts., schools, employers, Police and some time field visits to the applicants town or village are required if they is any doubt.

Most people know that things don’t move fast in Pakistan (if at all sometimes) these checks can take a good few weeks (even longer s there is the slightest doubt in application).

Once these checks are made and notes added to files, they are passed onto another person in another team, who then carries out checks on the Sponsor and the docs they have provided.

This person carries out the checks on the sponsors employers with HMRC, with the employers themselves, Police records, checks with Dept of Work and Pensions and the local Council on the individual themselves.

Once this is done, it is passed onto a third team whose job is to check the authenticity of the documents and works out whether the applicant meets the financial requirements depending on which category they apply.

Once this is one, it is passed onto the Entry Clearance Officer who will take intro consideration all the notes made by his other colleagues and then make the final decision to either grant or refuse the visa.

Once he has done this it is passed onto a team who will make arrangements to return the documents back to Gerry’s. In most but not all cases they inform the applicant or the sponsor the decision has been made and the docs will be returned to Gerry’s from where they can be collected.

Gerry’s will the either phone, write or send an email to applicant/their sponsor to come in and collect their docs. Remember Gerry’s don’t know whether the visa has been granted or refused as it comes in a sealed envelope.

people ask why some take so long whilst other get sorted out within a few months. The answer is that no TWO applications are the same.

Each application takes different times when these checks are being made. This could be a result of no response from the people from whom the inquiries are being made with, or that as a result of one inquiry, it leads to other questions being asked from others. This drags out the matter even further.
that has given a clearer insight thanks alot :)
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

faisalkhalil25
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhalil25 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote:
faisalkhalil25 wrote:Sugarplum786 sis and Rudey786 and the rest of you this how our spouse visa Application is the current protocol after

no problems sis glad it's ease your tension a bit by knowing what's happences just keep me in your duas sis

faisalkhalil25
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhalil25 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Sugarplum786 wrote:

no problems sis glad it's ease your tension a bit by knowing what's happences just keep me in your duas sis

Sugarplum786

Post by Sugarplum786 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:01 pm

faisalkhalil25 wrote:
Sugarplum786 wrote:
faisalkhalil25 wrote:Sugarplum786

U 2 bro :) inshallah ameen :)
Documents submitted in Mirpur on 26/11/14
Documents forwarded to BHC in Islamabad 26/11/14
Documents received in Islamabad 27/11/14
Documents not yet checked by ECO 05/12/14

yasir143

Post by yasir143 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:15 pm

roger354 wrote:can any one link to facebook page of immigration boards?
https://www.facebook.com/Immigrationboa ... omPakistan

ana ali

Post by ana ali » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:49 pm

can any one help me? soon i am going to apply for spouse visa.
can my husband fill form and pay fee online on my behalf on gerry website in uk?
can i submit scan copies of documents ? for example bank statement, payslip,accomodation etc............

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:14 pm

salam khan bhai
I am getting married in january and travelling on 31st december. where i can obtain the survey report and attach the link for the application as well please.
khan2013 wrote:@Fawad iftikhar
You should wait for their official e mail.which should arrive
by Monday I guess. Don't waist your time by visiting Gerrys an being disappointed. Inshallah the result will be positive. :D

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:18 pm

Faisal bhai salaam
I am on ilr and getting married in january. how will i get the survey report. do you have any format for that. can this be made by estate agent and link for application please.
[quote="faisalkhalil25"][quote="Sugarplum786"][quote="faisalkhalil25"]Sugarplum786 sis and Rudey786 and the rest of you this how

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:07 pm

@ Tanzeela sis the link is
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/
About the property inspection certificate you need to speak to your council or any estate agent.Personally i didnt submit one.Lots of other guys can help you with that.Stay blessed and pray for us.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:14 pm

bhai do i have to submit contract of employment as i work for waitorse where they dont provide yearly salary but my salary is more than £20k.i am very tensed dont know what to do. please help me
khan2013 wrote:@ Tanzeela sis the link is
About the property inspection certificate you need to speak to your council or any estate agent.Personally i didnt submit one.Lots of other guys can help you with that.Stay blessed and pray for us.

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:19 pm

bhai the above link going to china. shall i register on that website?
tanzeela wrote:bhai do i have to submit contract of employment as i work for waitorse where they dont provide yearly salary but my salary is more than £20k.i am very tensed dont know what to do. please help me
khan2013 wrote:@ Tanzeela sis the link is

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:00 pm

@Tanzeela If you read it carefully,its got different link for Chinese applications.Register yourself on the web site and follow step by step guidelines.You can pay online as well as book your appointment at the visa application center.20k is well above the minimum threshold.You will be OK.If you cant provide the employment contract then provide upto date 6 month payslip and bank statements.Some useful links are
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... /VAF4A.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/do ... to-provide
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... endix2.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... lement.pdf
Dont take any stress ...read above links and it will be alot clearer to you. :)

Majy05

Post by Majy05 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Has any1 have had the refusal overturned.

What happens next.

Got a letter from home office saying withdrawal of appeal.

Can some1 help me?

suli

Post by suli » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:26 pm

salams and hello,
I use skype and lycamobile and my wife uses mobilink to contact each other. The thing is some times we wont use skype for a week because of work and bad connection reasons. With mobile some days we will talk an hour and other days only 5 minutes. My question is people have been scaring me that we must talk at least 2 hours everyday. But this isnt possible 90% of days. Any insights?

b41
United Kingdom

Post by b41 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:48 pm

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pakistan/pdf ... 181214.pdf

'Due to the heavy fog prevailing between Lahore and Islamabad route, in
coming days the applicants who submit their applications at Lahore VAC
may experience a delay of 24-48 hours in transfer of the applications to the
Consulate. Same will be applicable for processed applications being
forwarded to Lahore VAC from the Consulate. Please be advised that this
weather condition may persist for few weeks ahead.'

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:11 pm

suli wrote:salams and hello,
I use skype and lycamobile and my wife uses mobilink to contact each other. The thing is some times we wont use skype for a week because of work and bad connection reasons. With mobile some days we will talk an hour and other days only 5 minutes. My question is people have been scaring me that we must talk at least 2 hours everyday. But this isnt possible 90% of days. Any insights?

you should have the proof that you are in contact with each other there is no definite time frame or limit. you must have vouchers of top ups and cards of mobilink to show that you are in contact and best if you can provide them with call log detail from your mobile but not necessary. what so ever your skype history is it the proof that you are in contact with each other. if you are interviewed they will ask you how often do you contact just tell them the time frame thats all. dont be sacred

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:11 pm

after 5 months BHC started working bit faster in Pakistan

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... kistan/all

nabeelsultan2000

Post by nabeelsultan2000 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:20 pm

ana ali wrote:can any one help me? soon i am going to apply for spouse visa.
can my husband fill form and pay fee online on my behalf on gerry website in uk?
can i submit scan copies of documents ? for example bank statement, payslip,accomodation etc............

the account is online anyone who have the email and password can access that so ur husband can do it as well

some of the documents are required in original so u cant submit scan copies of those. i have submitted the original of accommodation, bank statement and payslips. i have read in one of the guidelines its necessary to have originals in some documentation. like bank statements with stamp and signature if submitted from PK. you can also find full details in guidelines regarding documentation