ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner(non-eu) myself(eu) getting married but 60 day letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweet snowhite
Newly Registered

Partner(non-eu) myself(eu) getting married but 60 day letter

Post by sweet snowhite » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Hi there,

This is the first time I am posting. I would immensely appreciate for any help and advice.

I am a EU national and my partner is a non-EU national, we both live in the UK. We have been in a relationship for 5 years.
He is an international student currently on a Tier 4 visa, he's been here for 6 years now.
I have been living in the UK for 12 years now.
We are getting married next year in May, so in 5 months. We have obtained our notice for marriage 3 months ago and our Civil Wedding is taking place in May.

However, unfortunately, his college has been suspended as they did not follow some of the procedures properly in regards to English tests. He received a 60 day letter today, telling he needs to find another college within 60 days or switch into another visa category, or leave the UK to go back to his country.

We do not know what to do? We are considering EEA family permit option as unmarried partners, but we have not been living together at all due to cultural and religious reasons, and, living before marriage is a BIG NO NO for our family members.

But the point is we are actually getting married in a matter of couple months and we have got evidence of our legal notice of marriage, the confirmed date and ceremony details at the registry office, we booked the venue, photo video etc. all required for our civil wedding.

1. Can we in in fact make an EEA Family permit application if we both are already in the UK?
2. We have not been cohabiting during our relationship but we are in fact getting married soon. His 60 days is expiring in February. Our Civil wedding is in May.
3. What options do we have?

Eager waiting for all your useful advice and guidance.
Thanking you in advance

Rayking

Re: Partner(non-eu) myself(eu) getting married but 60 day le

Post by Rayking » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 pm

They have helped and told you what to do.
1. Look for another college
2. Change to another visa category.
Why not do both if you can you can afford it,bring your wedding date forward and get married in January, then send your application.
Or get a new college, apply and then continue with life. I will rather go for the marriage option.
You really don't have much problem except you create one after this.

sherriesmum

Re: Partner(non-eu) myself(eu) getting married but 60 day le

Post by sherriesmum » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:20 am

i think rules change for marriage in uk for non E us in feb/march 2015.