ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any time limit to move to U.K. after EC?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pavam

Is there any time limit to move to U.K. after EC?

Post by pavam » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm

Hi all

I've got my HSMP approval and planning to apply for EC. My cousin whose in U.K under HSMP for past 2 years told me that we need to move to u.k. withing 3 mnths of getting EC.

Nothing of this sort is mentioned in the guidelines. I called VFS Delhi and they confirmed it whereas VFS Chennai says there is no such condition.

Cud u plz let me know

1. if there is any time limit to move to u.k. once u get EC? 2. do i need to show demat acc or the proof of my investments in stocks worth approx 1.5 lacs + 2lacs cash in bank + 3 lacs for car wud be enuf?

will appreciate ur response...

thanks!!

aug_hsmp
Newly Registered

Post by aug_hsmp » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:47 pm

I even heard of same thing but didn't find it written newhere.

Exp. members please take up this call and clear our confusion.

ssvgopal

re:

Post by ssvgopal » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:51 pm

hi,

on the hsmp approval letter, it is clearly mentioned that "This permission document is valid for six months from the date of this letter. If it is not used to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain within this period, this document will become invalid and leave will be refused. In this event, you must make a new HSMP application with full supporting evidence(including required evidence supplied to us with any previous application) and the appropriate fee.

this implies there is no restriction of ensuring entry into the uk after issuance of the ec.

as regards the funds, it stands different for each case. pls consider whatever amount you might need to put in place for your travel, initial-stay, job searches, room rents, travel, etc. do keep upto 6 months(worst case) buffer, that will help you understand the seriousness of the job search and the involved cost. one of my friends took almost an year to find a good job, even though he could land a job(not very decent one) within 4-5 months. so be prepared guys and good luck in the planning.

hope that clarifies.

cheers,
sai

PS : pls ignore Notations(distinguishing between capital/small letters) in the reply.

Jayceesh

Post by Jayceesh » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:17 am

Although it is not written anywhere, there is a reason why most people believe there is a time limit and they have a good reason to believe so.

The main reason is because of your ILR. After you get your EC and have your initial 2 years, it is in your own interest to enter the UK within a month of receiving your EC. In this way, you will only need to extend your HSMP once (using FLR(HSMP) to get the remaining 3 years) before you apply for ILR (as you need to apply for ILR when you get to 4 years 11 months in the UK).

If however, you enter the UK about 2 months or more after your EC, you will have to apply for FLR(HSMP) twice in order to make the complete 4 years 11 months needed as of today's laws for ILR.

I am in the same scenario and I am hating myself for coming into the UK 2 months after getting EC and hence have to reapply for another HSMP because at the end of my leave, i will have been here for 4 years 10 months (1 month short to apply for ILR).

Also remember that 3 or 5 years down the line as the case may be for EC or FLR(HSMP), you will not qualify for the same age group you will have used to apply initially. So no points for age in the future.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:48 pm

Once the visa is issued you must enter by the expiry date (if there is one) or if there is no expiry date, within six months.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... nt%20three

Victoria
Going..going...gone!