ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pak101
Newly Registered

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Pak101 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 am

How does one escalate one's visa application?
I see from people's statuses that it says "escalated".
Thanks

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:05 am

Congrats to all who got their visa recently, have a blessed life guys.

Regarding 1 or 2 emails, so far from my observation if you don't get a Concluded email you haven't got the visa. It might not be 100% true, but yes there is a track of getting 1 email with rejection and 2 emails with approval. I am only counting emails by UKVI and not the one Gerry's send to inform about documents ready for collection.

All the very best to those who are waiting for visa, INSHA'ALLAH all of you will get their visa sorted soon in fact very soon.

Stay blessed.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 am

Guys what are the stages of the visa process? First they said online verification conducted n now in process what next?
Applied Lahore: 10 October 2013
Refused: 09 September 2014
Re-applied Lahore: 24 September 2014
Application Processed: 02 January 2015
VISA GRANTED ALHAMDULLILAH: 06 January 2015

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:08 am

Ket1 wrote:Guys what are the stages of the visa process? First they said online verification conducted n now in process what next?
INSHA'ALLAH visa granted will be next for you sister.

It might go for further enquiries if required, if not a decision based on the verifications made.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:17 am

networkers wrote:
Ket1 wrote:Guys what are the stages of the visa process? First they said online verification conducted n now in process what next?
INSHA'ALLAH visa granted will be next for you sister.

It might go for further enquiries if required, if not a decision based on the verifications made.
Ah alhamdullilah thas cheared me up :) inshallah! Has ur mrs came over now?

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:19 am

I have done a quick check on this thread of previous visas issued. Everyone who received 2 e-mails from UKVI stating application is processed and then application is concluded have received visas. The email which states the application has been concluded contains a reference number i.e. Ref: 17600** which i believe is the visa number in the passport. Could anyone who recently obtained a visa verify this is correct? thx

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:20 am

Ket1 wrote: Ah alhamdullilah thas cheared me up :) inshallah! Has ur mrs came over now?
:) Yes, ALHAMDULILLAH she is here for more than a week now.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:27 am

alil2014 wrote:I have done a quick check on this thread of previous visas issued. Everyone who received 2 e-mails from UKVI stating application is processed and then application is concluded have received visas. The email which states the application has been concluded contains a reference number i.e. Ref: 17600** which i believe is the visa number in the passport. Could anyone who recently obtained a visa verify this is correct? thx
Hi Ali,

That's what I have seen so far as mentioned just few minutes ago. If you get two emails you are granted visa, if not unfortunately you are in trouble. Regarding Ref: number will be unique to everyone so it might not be 17600**, but the two emails will be as follows:

1. Update on your UK visa application - GWF************

Which says it is processed

2. Your Visa Application @ Islamabad (with Unique Ref: Number)

Which says it is concluded

Hope this helps and sorry if I am the bearer of bad news for you guys.

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:29 am

@networker- is there any chance you can check your wife's passport and see if the visa number matches the ref number given the concluded email sent by uKVI?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:48 am

alil2014 wrote:@networker- is there any chance you can check your wife's passport and see if the visa number matches the ref number given the concluded email sent by uKVI?

Hi Ali,

Yes it does match the ref number on passport hence it is a confirmation of visa granted, so email which say it is concluded is a confirmation of VISA granted.

Hence proved, if you get two emails you are going to get the visa if not you are in trouble.

Regards,

Networkers!

reggie123

Post by reggie123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:51 am

Hi Guys,

Good to hear people are getting responses, i had a concern hope you guys can share some thoughts on it. I emailed UKVI 2 weeks ago and they replied saying they couldnt find my wifes application or that it hadnt reached the ECO yet, which i think was a standard reply which other people also recieved (reading the threads). Should i email them again and how many people from September got visas or email from these authorities ?

Timeline

Apllied 24TH Sept (Khi)

Nm.123

Post by Nm.123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:56 am

alil2014 wrote:@networker- is there any chance you can check your wife's passport and see if the visa number matches the ref number given the concluded email sent by uKVI?

Hey Ive just checked mine aswell and its the same as the ref number! Its funny how someone mentioned it on this forum before and no one was willing to believe them lol

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE RECIEVED GOOD RESPONSES LATELY AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN REFUSED DONT LET YOUR SELVES DOWN AS PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!

Good luck to all the others that are waiting, you will all hear good news soon, fingers crossed! :) :) :) :) :)

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:58 am

Nm.123 wrote:
Hey Ive just checked mine aswell and its the same as the ref number! Its funny how someone mentioned it on this forum before and no one was willing to believe them lol

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO HAVE RECIEVED GOOD RESPONSES LATELY AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN REFUSED DONT LET YOUR SELVES DOWN AS PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!!

Good luck to all the others that are waiting, you will all hear good news soon, fingers crossed! :) :) :) :) :)
Hi Nm.123, yes it was plain and simple for couple of months that people who got two emails got the visa.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:02 am

reggie123 wrote:Hi Guys,

Good to hear people are getting responses, i had a concern hope you guys can share some thoughts on it. I emailed UKVI 2 weeks ago and they replied saying they couldnt find my wifes application or that it hadnt reached the ECO yet, which i think was a standard reply which other people also recieved (reading the threads). Should i email them again and how many people from September got visas or email from these authorities ?

Timeline

Apllied 24TH Sept (Khi)
Hi Reggie123,

Email them again with all the details as they just replied with standard response which doesn't help much.

Thanks,

Networkers!

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:12 am

Nm.123 wrote:

Congrats to pple whi got their visa :)))) but the thing about the 2 email there was a guy earlier this month who recieved these 2 emails exact and pple told him it was a garanteed visa but unfortunately it was rejected ... So its a bit confusing !!!!

reggie123

Post by reggie123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:12 am

networkers wrote:
reggie123 wrote:Hi Guys,

Timeline

Apllied 24TH Sept (Khi)
Hi Reggie123,

Email them again with all the details as they just replied with standard response which doesn't help much.

Thanks,

Networkers!
Thanks Sir,

I was hoping i would also recieve an email by now as some september applicants have received emails, but then again its 22nd today so im not sure if they will send out anr replies before the new year. Although i heard in Pakistan only 25th is a public holiday.

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:18 am

networkers wrote:
Ket1 wrote: Ah alhamdullilah thas cheared me up :) inshallah! Has ur mrs came over now?
How is she finding it :)

Ket1

Post by Ket1 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:19 am

Congrats to pple whi got their visa :)))) but the thing about the 2 email there was a guy earlier this month who recieved these 2 emails exact and pple told him it was a garanteed visa but unfortunately it was rejected ... So its a bit confusing !!!![/quote]
Yes i rmeber this to :/ so confused

alil2014
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by alil2014 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 am

Ket1 wrote:Congrats to pple whi got their visa :)))) but the thing about the 2 email there was a guy earlier this month who recieved these 2 emails exact and pple told him it was a garanteed visa but unfortunately it was rejected ... So its a bit confusing !!!!
Yes i rmeber this to :/ so confused[/quote]

Who was it?

The reference can only be the visa number as confirmed by networkers and another user

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:39 am

Ket1 wrote:
networkers wrote:
How is she finding it :)
She is enjoying it ALHAMDULILLAH, also as its shopping / sale season she is loving that as well.

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:44 am

Shreen wrote: Congrats to pple whi got their visa :)))) but the thing about the 2 email there was a guy earlier this month who recieved these 2 emails exact and pple told him it was a garanteed visa but unfortunately it was rejected ... So its a bit confusing !!!!
Ket1 wrote: Yes i rmeber this to :/ so confused
alil2014 wrote: Who was it?

The reference can only be the visa number as confirmed by networkers and another user
If I remember correctly, there were two emails for that applicant and only one of them was from UKVI and the other was from Gerry's.

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:53 am

networkers wrote:
Shreen wrote: Congrats to pple whi got their visa :)))) but the thing about the 2 email there was a guy earlier this month who recieved these 2 emails exact and pple told him it was a garanteed visa but unfortunately it was rejected ... So its a bit confusing !!!!
Ket1 wrote: Yes i rmeber this to :/ so confused
alil2014 wrote: Who was it?

If I remember correctly, there were two emails for that applicant and only one of them was from UKVI and the other was from Gerry's.

So do you need 2 emails frm ukvi one with ref number ? Is thatcorrect ?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:57 am

Shreen wrote: So do you need 2 emails frm ukvi one with ref number ? Is thatcorrect ?
Hi Shreen,

If you get two emails from UK Visa @fco.gov.uk as follows, this means you got the visa. Otherwise not.

1st email titled: Update on your UK visa application - GWF**********

2nd email titled: Your Visa Application @ Islamabad (Ref: ********) - This one is most important as it gives you the visa ref. number.

Thanks,

Networkers!

Shreen

Post by Shreen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:05 pm

networkers wrote:
Shreen wrote: So do you need 2 emails frm ukvi one with ref number ? Is thatcorrect ?
Hi Shreen,

If you get two emails from UK Visa @fco.gov.uk as follows, this means you got the visa. Otherwise not.

1st email titled: Update on your UK visa application - GWF**********

2nd email titled: Your Visa Application @ Islamabad (Ref: ********) - This one is most important as it gives you the visa ref. number.

Thanks,

Networkers!

Ok thnks :) and do these emails come together or hours apart or days apart ?

networkers
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by networkers » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Shreen wrote: Ok thnks :) and do these emails come together or hours apart or days apart ?
:) Usually same day, I got mine minutes apart.