ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address changed after ILR - How to inform UKBA or UKVI ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhp

Address changed after ILR - How to inform UKBA or UKVI ?

Post by bhp » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Hello moderators and all members,

Kindly help me with this query of mine for which I am not able to find any solution even after hours of digging through.

I got my ILR in November 2014 and my BRP also has been delivered.

In December 2014, I have changed my address and I am pretty sure that UKVI or Border agency needs to be notified. But the question I can't find what, where and how to do it as everything is so hazy and unclear.

Please help urgently.

Thanks,
BHP

bhp

Re: Address changed after ILR - How to inform UKBA or UKVI ?

Post by bhp » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:14 am

I found out that after ILR, if your address changes, you do not need to notify UKBA about it.
In the ILR approval letters, there Is no mention of any notification in case address changes. So this issue is resolved and no action required on my part

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:26 am

Biometric residence permits wrote:Report changes to your personal details

You must report changes to your address, personal details or circumstances.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Althalus
Newly Registered

Post by Althalus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:06 pm

I have got ILR approved around June / July and had to move out 2 months after that. The leaflet that comes with the ILR approval mentions to report changes of circumstances such as major appearance changes, gender & nationality, but nowhere does it say changes of address, unlike previous leaflets I received from Tier 2 applications (which DID mention address changes as reportable). So I never reported that. Do i need to do it?
Does that mean I am going to get my ILR curtailed, or get fined 1000GBP because I did not specifically see a link in an obscure site that contradicts the written terms I was handed out on the very same day when I received my ILR? UKBA should pull their act together.
What's more, the application form there is for migrants under PBS categories. There is no option for ppl under ILR.

Althalus
Newly Registered

Post by Althalus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:11 pm

So, in your experience, what can I expect if I report a change of address now, roughly around 4/5 months after I moved out instead of the 3 months they mention in the site? Am I going to get fined? Are they going to withdraw my ILR as a penalty? Would a cover letter explaining the ILR leaflet did not mention change address as reportable help to avoid getting punished? I could include a copy of it as it's only 2 or 3 pages long as proof.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:27 pm

Biometric information: case working wrote:Circumstances when immigration civil penalties will not be imposed

The Secretary of State will not impose an immigration sanction for failing to comply with a compliance requirement where:
 Where the person has existing indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK:
o this is unless there are compelling reasons for cancelling leave and cancellation would not be contrary to the person’s Refugee Convention rights or, their rights under the European Convention on Human Rights.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.