ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by maddysheffield » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Universal soldier wrote:Many members called ukba but nobody asked whether they work on Saturdays too.

@universal soldier ,..,,,,,just info many members did ask Ho about saturday and Sunday ..........HO confirmed that they do work on Saturday and Sunday too. ....... even now during holidays they are closed 25 26 Dec and 1st Jan. And open during Saturday and Sunday obviously with less staff .

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:45 pm

salaam bhai i need the format of survey report for my house. it's rocketed to £150 from estate agent. also is any one on ilr recently applied for spouse visa. i am very tensed. please help me.
maddysheffield wrote:Congrats @ukvishal just wondering r u on tracker ?
...polite request to all silent readers please add your details to tracker before getting approvals too . It's good you wanna share and thank forum but still it helps

Thanks in adance

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Arsal385 wrote:
Gazelle wrote:Many thanks for these replies folks, I will immediately get the message across. Until now I had no support but at least it is obvious now that I am not the only one who thinks this is very unusual!!

I think the phone number was posted on this thread somewhere, I suppose that will be the best one to use.

The solicitor was just insisting that it is completely unnecessary because the acknowledgement letter proves that it's not like the case is lost or something.
Acknowledgement letter means payment has been gone through and application is valid. The next step is to have a biometric information and which requires biometric letter. The bizarre thing is you friend didn't get reminder of biometric letter. Usually if you fail to have your biometric within a given timeframe, HO sends a reminder letter and give your 2nd chance, I am not sure if your friend's solicitor received any bio letter/reminder on behalf of your friend. It is serious mistake by solicitor and should be reported to HO.

@Arsal

For your clarification Acknowledgement letter means they received your application...

If u ever read acknowledgement letter carefully in that they say that they will take your fees and if any problem with your fees and application they will contact u.

When u receive biometric invitation it means that your application is valid and fees has been taken and now u will get a decision (after giving bio detail).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:02 am

frahman wrote:Hi Every one,
I'm here just to share some of my experience regarding my wife's spouse visa application. I applied for my ILR on 2nd Feb,2014 and HO approved it on 13th May 2014, My wife applied same time for spouse visa .. requesting to process her application after a decision has been made on my application. We did not include my 5yrs old daughter in the Application (and my wife was pregnant at the time of application) , we mentioned that in hour application , in April HO asked us to provide more info(letters for the last two years , my daughter's passport and birth certificate ) which we provided . ***(my wife is with me as a dependant since 2007) .we kept waiting , in the meantime I got my ILR , But nothing for my wife's application. in September this year they asked us to provide my new born baby's Birth certificate ( my son was born after my ILR granted , so he is British in birth , I assume). we did sent the birth certificate and after a week they sent the outcome of my wife's visa.

Refused the initial application for spouse visa which supposed to fall under old 2 years rule, saying that my wife doesn't satisfy the language requirement and the language certificate we did sent was not an approved provider and in this basis they are refusing the application .

And they granted discretionary leave for 30 months as the y don't see it is reasonable to ask a baby to leave this country with his mom or live here without her. and they mentioned to keep applying every 30 month until she finishes 10 year to qualify for settlement. 10 years!!!!!!!! these people in HO what they think of themselves .....

No appeal rights given as she has an valid leave now which they issued after they refused the initial application.

I'm planning to apply for her (spouse visa ) again in 2015 as I don't have problem with income threshold. but still she will have to wait 5 years for settlement.

any suggestions guys .. .. in the meantime if you guys need any advise .. just ask.
thank you.
Hi Frahman,
From which institute did she pass the English language test and which one because I am going to apply for my wife and she did B1.

Thanks
Ali

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:57 am

angelStha wrote:Lets Hope August App will get good news today or B4 Xmas...!!!!!!
Another 26 August application approved (ahz) I hope I get mine next week. I was expecting few weeks back though. This wait is getting very painful now getting bit worried now.

Congrats to all those who received their app last. It's getting slower and slower.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:06 am

tanzeela wrote:salaam bhai i need the format of survey report for my house. it's rocketed to £150 from estate agent. also is any one on ilr recently applied for spouse visa. i am very tensed. please help me.
...polite request to all silent readers please add your details to tracker before getting approvals too . It's good you wanna share and thank forum but still it helps

Thanks in adance
Hi Tanzeela,

I am an estate agent email me on info@dwellingestates.co.uk.

Hairydude
Newly Registered

Post by Hairydude » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:48 am

Hello all. I would like to add my time line;

Application sent: 17/11/14
Payment taken: 24/11/14
Acknowledgment letters received : 27/11/14 (Dated 21/11/14)
Biometric letter received : 08/12/14
Biometric enrolled: 08/12/14

I qualify under 10 years continuous stay as a student.

wajidfurqan
Newly Registered

Post by wajidfurqan » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Hi All,

I would like to have your guidance on the below.

My time line is as below.

First entry: Sep 04 - Student Visa
Visa Changed: Sep 08 - PSW
Visa Changed: Jun 10 - Tier 1 (General) - 2 Year
Visa Extension: Nov 12 - Tier 1 (General) Extension - 3 Year
Visa Expiry: Nov 15

There are no breaks and time spent outside UK is less then 3 months in total in 3 visits.

Do I qualify for 10 years residence and do I need to fulfil Tier 1 requirements for ILR? A detailed guidance would be highly appreciated along with documents required for the Application.

Kind Regards.

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:21 pm

wajidfurqan wrote:Hi All,

There are no breaks and time spent outside UK is less then 3 months in total in 3 visits.

Do I qualify for 10 years residence and do I need to fulfil Tier 1 requirements for ILR? A detailed guidance would be highly appreciated along with documents required for the Application.

Kind Regards.
Hi wajidfurqan
yes you are qualifying for 10 years long residence and you don't need to fulfill tier 1 requirement for long residence
you can apply any time now and form you required to use is SET(LR).
Also you need to sent life in UK pass certificate and English B1 level certificate with your application. if you have degree from uk university then you can send degree instead of English certificate. GOOD LUCK
Last edited by CHUDHARY on Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHUDHARY

Post by CHUDHARY » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:33 pm

Hairydude wrote:Hello all. I would like to add my time line;

Application sent: 17/11/14
Payment taken: 24/11/14
Acknowledgment letters received : 27/11/14 (Dated 21/11/14)
Biometric letter received : 08/12/14
Biometric enrolled: 08/12/14

I qualify under 10 years continuous stay as a student.
Tracker has been updated for you. GOOD LUCK

tanzeela

Post by tanzeela » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:37 pm

EMAIL ADDRESS IS NOT WORKING
Allesheikh wrote:
tanzeela wrote:salaam bhai i need the format of survey report for my house. it's rocketed to £150 from estate agent. also is any one on ilr recently applied for spouse visa. i am very tensed. please help me.

Thanks in adance
Hi Tanzeela,

I am an estate agent email me on info@dwellingestates.co.uk.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Thanks in adance
@tanzeela
Do a deep google search regarding the subject of that letter then you can get freely thousands of templates which you just edit & amend as per your need.

Ramos

10 years long residence applications

Post by Ramos » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi guys

Does 28 days period count as safe when you apply for long residence four months early through varying the application ?

I have applied early and got another twenty days left for completion of ten years. Any opinion what would be the outcome of it ??

Regards

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi Tanzeela

Email address is correct try allesheikh@yahoo.com

mizanbg
Newly Registered

Post by mizanbg » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:55 pm

CHUDHARY wrote:
wajidfurqan wrote:Hi All,

Kind Regards.
Hi wajidfurqan
yes you are qualifying for 10 years long residence and you don't need to fulfill tier 1 requirement for long residence
you can apply any time now and form you required to use is SET(LR).
Also you need to sent life in UK pass certificate and English B1 level certificate with your application. if you have degree from uk university then you can send degree instead of English certificate. GOOD LUCK
Hi,

That's right that you are OK to apply for the ILR based on long residency, but please be mindful to chose between ILR 5 years route or long residency route. I am mentioning this if you particularly have any children or partner who has not completed their 10 years or just joined with you couple of years age. For example, if your partner has been living with you for last two years or more but not for last ten years she will then be illegible for ILR at the same time like yours if you follow your tier 1 route, However, for long residency she has to convert her visa as a dependent of a settle person and she have wait for 5 years to be illegible for ILR and her previous stay will be null for ILR purpose. Please keep this in mind, as I have seen many tier 1 guys had the same problem and they would have been better off with the tire 1 route. Thank you.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:16 am

OMG Can someone break the silence of Approvals at least today ;-) ... Last week has been the slowest ever :(
Just 4 and out of that 1 might be False alarm as someone mentioned on tracker

All the best

apex221

Post by apex221 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:15 pm

Ramos wrote:Hi guys

Does 28 days period count as safe when you apply for long residence four months early through varying the application ?

I have applied early and got another twenty days left for completion of ten years. Any opinion what would be the outcome of it ??

Regards
Ramos you have to be really lucky mate! Just hope that they will approve your visa once you cross 10 years mark. As far as my understanding is you can apply at least 28 days prior or for some who have applied earlier but have crossed 10 years within the waiting time. Personally I have not seen any information for people who have got approvals prior to completing full 10 years on this forum.

the_onebd
Newly Registered

Post by the_onebd » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:55 pm

maddysheffield wrote:OMG Can someone break the silence of Approvals at least today ;-) ... Last week has been the slowest ever :(
Just 4 and out of that 1 might be False alarm as someone mentioned on tracker

All the best
I doubt we will hear anything until 27-28 now considering the Xmas working hours and HO performance for Aug applications! :(

My friend applied on 10th Aug and received his on 11th Nov. I applied on 26th Aug but still waiting ..... :(
Now expecting the result not before next year! :(

mazeen1910

Post by mazeen1910 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:26 pm

Can someone please provide me the number for the home office to check the processing times?

the_onebd
Newly Registered

Post by the_onebd » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:27 pm

mazeen1910 wrote:Can someone please provide me the number for the home office to check the processing times?
Its: 03001232241

Please do let us know if you get some update! :)
GL

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:57 pm

@Spatacus any updates from you mate ;-) I thought you would got your approval by now good luck ,

K4

Post by K4 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm

apex221 wrote:
Ramos wrote:Hi guys

Regards
Ramos you have to be really lucky mate! Just hope that they will approve your visa once you cross 10 years mark. As far as my understanding is you can apply at least 28 days prior or for some who have applied earlier but have crossed 10 years within the waiting time. Personally I have not seen any information for people who have got approvals prior to completing full 10 years on this forum.
Hi Ramos

Wish you best of luck mate seen people from here who applied 60 days before their 10 years and got approved lets hope for the best. Four month is an early time like did yo get your bio done yet?? If you haven't received your bio yet I recommend you to wait till 10 years clock then ring and ask for it.
Good luck buddy.

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi all,

Been a silent reader too, I am tracking and following up on behalf of my husband's ILR.

we applied on the 26th August too (on my birthday :D :D ),
the acknowledgment and biometric done dates, I don't remember , been asking hubby but he has to look up the letter and he has been busy with work lately, so those dates I might update later.

But yes, been waiting for his ILR since last week of Nov and now looks like it might well be next year :cry:
there quiet a few applicants waiting from the same date I believe, anyways All the Best to all. Hope New year starts on a positive note for everyone In sha Allah.

pls add me to the timeline. thanks

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks for Reply guys

Its been three months, they haven't sent me biometric. Recently they asked me to provide them proof of addresses and also proof that since submitting my previous application , i haven't travelled outside country THOUGH they do have my passports since last application April 2013 ( which means i can't travel ). I have provided them two years bank statements n utility bills for proof of addresses. Another thing is that Recent letter had my previous reference number written on it and in my new acknowledgement When i once varied my application, it was different.

My Lawyer told me that I won't need any biometric, they will use my previous application. I know i have taken great risk, Hope them last twenty days will pass quickly and safe. Many people told me that even if they reject you , they will give you right of appeal and also 28 days to re apply again for submitting early application So the only Loss would be another fees !!! and if they wanted to reject it, they wouldn't have asked you proofs. I have varied my application after waiting for almost 17 months with no response from them so decided to varied it because of differences with partner.

Regards

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:40 pm

Another day without any approval. Sad