ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

restricted COS employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matthwmaurice
Newly Registered

restricted COS employment

Post by matthwmaurice » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 am

Hi all,
My employer is applying for a restricted COS, and we need to put a start and end date for the employment.
The start date is fine, but my job does not have an end date, what is the maximum length of time I can put down, or perhaps a better question is how long can I stay on a restricted cos?

Thanks for your help :)

Matthew

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:23 am

if your application is successful your visa will be for 3 years from the work start date given in the CoS, or to the work end date in the CoS if that is earlier. So, if the employer does not want to limit the length of your engagement he should put in the CoS as the end date 3 years from the start date.

matthwmaurice
Newly Registered

Post by matthwmaurice » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Thankyou!

muhilana

Re: restricted COS employment

Post by muhilana » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:06 pm

Hii manci,
I have applied for restricted COS too by entering 5years from the starting date since I am permanent employee.is that fine rather than applying for 3years as you suggested.
As am going to apply for more than 3years visa ,we had to enter
5years duration.is there any problems to get approved for my restricted SOC since we had chosen 5yrs instead of 3yrs??
Your assistance wd make me feel relaxed.Thank you in Advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:40 pm

muhilana wrote:Hii manci,

I have applied for restricted COS too by entering 5years from the starting date since I am permanent employee.is that fine rather than applying for 3years as you suggested.
You shouldn't have tagged on to a 2 year old post - the rules have changed since

As am going to apply for more than 3years visa ,we had to enter
5years duration.is there any problems to get approved for my restricted SOC since we had chosen 5yrs instead of 3yrs??
Your assistance wd make me feel relaxed.Thank you in Advance.
The restricted CoS is assigned to you by your sponsor after a successful application by them to UKVI. You are not involved in the process. If the period of engagement stated in the CoS is 5 years then you can apply for a 5 year visa

muhilana

Post by muhilana » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:18 am

Thank you!!

muhilana

Post by muhilana » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Hii manci,
My employer got a sponsor license having permitted to assign for a single COS.And they have applied for
Restricted COS to get approved from UKVI through SMS.
is this the correct procedure to get Restricted COS?
(OR)
my employer should have
Requested for restricted COS by the time they applied for sponsor licence so that we would have got Single restricted COS instead of single COS that my employer now is permitted
to assign?
This confusion is from a guy who stated in this forum that his employer got sponsor license with one restricted COS.
Please clarify it.Thank you in advance