ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parking Tickets ILR (Urgent Please help)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anas123456789
BANNED

Parking Tickets ILR (Urgent Please help)

Post by anas123456789 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:12 am

hello guys

i really appreciate your help here

i have a quick question regarding parking tickets

i have few tickets that were issued in 2011 and 2012. (i am currently trying to contact the council and its under process. i know i owe them but i dont know how much)

i have already applied for my set lr in October this year but didnt mention any of these tickets

is there anything for me to worry about?

please let me know

do i have to take any action in relation to ilr?

prasi

Re: Parking Tickets ILR (Urgent Please help)

Post by prasi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:17 pm

I am not sure the following applies to SET(LR) application. But, here is the text copied from SET(O) ILR application form:
Note: We will carry out criminal record checks on all applicants and dependants. You must give details of all unspent and spent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) unless they were part of a sentence of the court. This includes all drink-driving offences.
If the speeding or parking tickets are not part of a sentence of the court, then you need not give details of those tickets.

Hope this piece of "similar" information may be of help.

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:49 pm

But the points are always given by a court isnt it for adminstrative purposes.

My license counterpart was endorsed by court even I did not attend any court. Do we need to declare it??

prasi

Post by prasi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:27 pm

canon123 wrote:But the points are always given by a court isnt it for adminstrative purposes.

My license counterpart was endorsed by court even I did not attend any court. Do we need to declare it??
You have to declare only if you "went to court" and there you are "convicted" in the court and the ticket is a part of the court "sentence".

On the other hand if you get an endorsable fixed penalty notice and you pay for it straight away without going to court, eventhough the court endorses points on your license counterpart, you NEED NOT declare this. Because "you were not convicted" in the court and there is no "sentence from judge".

anas123456789
BANNED

Post by anas123456789 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:16 pm

thanks for your reply.

i am sure the court isn't involved. i called the council but the tickets appeared to be written off since they were 3 years old. although i am still trying to confirm this.

also when i was issued those tickets then i had an international license not the uk one.

so are we all sure about this that declaration of parking tickets is only when court is involved?

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks for the reply prasi