ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Long Residence vs. Continuous Empployment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tj2014uk
Newly Registered

ILR Long Residence vs. Continuous Empployment

Post by tj2014uk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:27 pm

I came to this country with student visa in Dec 2004. I had multiple extensions of student visa until I moved onto 1 year's IGS on 2008, then 1 year's PSW and then switched to T1G (employed + self-employed) for 3 year. I extended it on 2013 (employed) for 2 years.

I'm already eligible (completed 10 years in Dec 2014) to apply under LR and 5 year's T1G will be ended in April 2015. I have 2 dependents, wife and a UK born baby. Wife came to UK in July 2011.

I only have approx. 50 days absence out of UK in total in last 10 years. All previous applications were in time. Same amount of tax return was filled with HMRC as declared to HO during the switch, all paid. I'm employed since the switching to T1G and my current salary gives me enough points.

Now I'd like to ask the gurus, what would be the more safer route for me to apply for ILR? Long residence route or the T1G 5 year route? A friend of mine suggested that LR route has higher probability of acceptance although takes longer. But I'd like to be enlightened by the gurus.

vinny

Re: ILR Long Residence vs. Continuous Empployment

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Applying for ILR under Tier 1 (General) may be better for your wife.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tj2014uk
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Long Residence vs. Continuous Empployment

Post by tj2014uk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:45 pm

vinny wrote:Applying for ILR under Tier 1 (General) may be better for your wife.
Thanks a lot Vinny. That's why I'm more inclined to apply under T1G (unless anyone tells me of any strong reason for not doing so).

Do caseworkers give extra consideration for granting ILR in cases who already completed 10 years long residence in the time of 5 years continuous employment application? Do I need to mention it in the cover letter to bring caseworker's attention to it?