ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application but anticipating change of job

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

c803487
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application but anticipating change of job

Post by c803487 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:23 am

Hello,
I am about to submit form AN1 in the coming months. However I am also seeking a new job. It is very likely that once the form has been sent off, I will have a change of employment/tax office. These details are filled into the form AN1. How should I deal with change of my job details on the form. I am planning to use the NCS council service to send my documents. 5 yr, Tier 2 route. Thanks.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship Application but anticipating change of job

Post by milan69 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:32 am

It shouldn't be an issue.
If applying as a spouse or as 5 year residency employment is not a requirement so if you change jobs it shouldn't it shouldn't matter and there is no need to inform HO about that.
I am sometimes wrong.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:02 am

c803487 wrote:Hello,
I am about to submit form AN1 in the coming months. However I am also seeking a new job. It is very likely that once the form has been sent off, I will have a change of employment/tax office. These details are filled into the form AN1. How should I deal with change of my job details on the form. I am planning to use the NCS council service to send my documents. 5 yr, Tier 2 route. Thanks.
Seniors can correct me, but I don't think your Tier 2 visa matters now since you are on ILR now. So change of jobs shouldn't be in view of Tier 2 but regular ILR basis. I also think you can email Home Office of your change of places if you are moving houses, otherwise if its same house then no need to tell anyone anything.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

c803487
Newly Registered

Post by c803487 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:46 pm

Okay, thanks.

I asked the question because Guidance AN1 states "While the application is under consideration we expect you to tell us about anything which alters the information you have given us.", and job and tax office details are to be put on the form AN1, which will change with change of job.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:53 pm

c803487 wrote:Okay, thanks.

I asked the question because Guidance AN1 states "While the application is under consideration we expect you to tell us about anything which alters the information you have given us.", and job and tax office details are to be put on the form AN1, which will change with change of job.
If you are job hunting, then it could take a while perhaps, since you find new job and you could have decision by then. If you have a job already in line and you have applied already, you could tell Home Office about new job details on the email address which is on acknowledgement letter you received.

Seniors can tell you better, good luck :)
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:33 am

Employment is not a requirement for Naturalisation so you don't need to tell HO if you change job.
The reason they ask employer's details is so they can check your tax records.