ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

has my work permit expired?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eyesonly
Newly Registered

has my work permit expired?

Post by eyesonly » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:35 pm

On 27th Aug 2002, home office issued a letter stating that my work permit employment has been approved for 60 months and I now have permission to work. It then asked to send the passport for stamping/visa (it was an in country application).

I then sent my passport, it was returned with a stamp dated 18 Nov 2002. They issued a letter as well dated 21 Nov 2002 saying that they are returning my passport. This letter states the length of approval again as 60 months which I assume is from 21st nov.

Now I am confused - is my approval of 60 months from aug 2002 as per the first letter or from nov 2002 as per the 2nd letter? Has my work permit actually expired and should i worry?

Furthermore, do I have to wait till 18 Nov 2007 (less 28 days) i.e. 22 Oct 2007 to get my ILR or can I apply it now?

hope someone can help..

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Doesn't the visa have a 'valid until' date on it?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

eyesonly
Newly Registered

Post by eyesonly » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:48 pm

sorry, forgot to mention, the visa in the passport is valid until 18th nov 07, but there is no valid until date on the work permit letter that was issued in aug 02. All it said was that the permission is for 60 months. For this reason, i am not sure whether i (or my co.) was required to renew the work permit as well after aug 07, although my visa in the passport is still valid till nov 07.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:42 am

eyesonly wrote:sorry, forgot to mention, the visa in the passport is valid until 18th nov 07, but there is no valid until date on the work permit letter that was issued in aug 02. All it said was that the permission is for 60 months. For this reason, i am not sure whether i (or my co.) was required to renew the work permit as well after aug 07, although my visa in the passport is still valid till nov 07.

They dont normaly put the expiry date on WP letter, thats why you have to apply for FLR where they give you validity and expiry date stamped on your passport
Magsi

nightstar
Newly Registered

Re: has my work permit expired?

Post by nightstar » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:29 pm

eyesonly wrote:On 27th Aug 2002, home office issued a letter stating that my work permit employment has been approved for 60 months and I now have permission to work. It then asked to send the passport for stamping/visa (it was an in country application).

I then sent my passport, it was returned with a stamp dated 18 Nov 2002. They issued a letter as well dated 21 Nov 2002 saying that they are returning my passport. This letter states the length of approval again as 60 months which I assume is from 21st nov.

Now I am confused - is my approval of 60 months from aug 2002 as per the first letter or from nov 2002 as per the 2nd letter? Has my work permit actually expired and should i worry?

Furthermore, do I have to wait till 18 Nov 2007 (less 28 days) i.e. 22 Oct 2007 to get my ILR or can I apply it now?

hope someone can help..
Please read para 134 of http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/lawand ... ules/part5