ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Graphic Designer 3421 minimum salary - HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ghazisaghir
Newly Registered

Graphic Designer 3421 minimum salary - HELP

Post by ghazisaghir » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi Guys, i am quite new here but i need an information that i am not clear about, i would be really grateful if anyone can guide me on this as i am getting different information from all around.

What is the minimum appropriate salary for Graphic Designers 3421 - NQL3 for getting Tier 2 general visa? ( inside UK )

the company i am working in since 3months has a grade A type certificate of sponsorship (i am guessing no need to show £945 in the bank)

and i have all the documents that are needed for the application but the company has offered £18k for now.

Should that be any kind of a problem ? cuz most people i am talking to are telling me it should be £20,500 but the rest are saying that 18k is fine as the company practise regional salary range. ( Confused )

Help ??

Cheers

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Graphic Designer 3421 minimum salary - HELP

Post by physicskate » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:57 pm

ghazisaghir wrote:Hi Guys, i am quite new here but i need an information that i am not clear about, i would be really grateful if anyone can guide me on this as i am getting different information from all around.

What is the minimum appropriate salary for Graphic Designers 3421 - NQL3 for getting Tier 2 general visa? ( inside UK )

the company i am working in since 3months has a grade A type certificate of sponsorship (i am guessing no need to show £945 in the bank)

and i have all the documents that are needed for the application but the company has offered £18k for now.

Should that be any kind of a problem ? cuz most people i am talking to are telling me it should be £20,500 but the rest are saying that 18k is fine as the company practise regional salary range. ( Confused )

Help ??

Cheers
I am guess you are not already on a Tier 2? Are you on Tier 4? Tier 1 PSW?

In order to qualify for a new Tier 2 General visa, your job must match the job description for an NQF level 6 position. There will be a salary quoted in the SoC codes that corresponds with that job description. Your salary must meet either: that salary (from the SoC code) OR £20,500, whichever is HIGHER. So if the SoC says £18,000, you still must be paid a min of £20,500. If the SoC says £21,000 you must be paid at least £21,000.

You will also need to meet the maintenance unless the company ticks the box that they will supply required maintenance for the first month. This box must be ticked on your CoS. It is not a given that maintenance is ticked for because of their 'A-rated' status.

ghazisaghir
Newly Registered

Post by ghazisaghir » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:26 am

Thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.

Yes i am Masters student on Tier 4 visa expiring next year end of Jan, which is worrying aswell . So if i am a graphic designer what is the Code i am looking for ?
I looked up in the guidelines and found that my job description matches the NQL 3 and i couldnt find anything else.
Feeling stressed.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:40 am

ghazisaghir wrote:Thank you for your prompt reply. I appreciate it.

Yes i am Masters student on Tier 4 visa expiring next year end of Jan, which is worrying aswell . So if i am a graphic designer what is the Code i am looking for ?
I looked up in the guidelines and found that my job description matches the NQL 3 and i couldnt find anything else.
Feeling stressed.
Your employer should be the one to decide the code, and as they are a sponsor and had to read shed-loads of guidance in order to become one, they should be able to do this. However, there are some 'creative sector' jobs that are NQF 4 that are eligible for Tier 2, but I lack familiarity with guidelines for these codes...

All's I know is that NQF 3 jobs are definitely NOT eligible for new Tier 2 sponsorship of any kind at this moment in time.

evgenysmagin
Newly Registered

Post by evgenysmagin » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi ghazisaghir

I was wondering how did it turn out for you in the end? I'm currently in the same situation myself and only recently found out that graphic designers are not eligible for Tier 2. Very discouraging considering all the time and effort put into a graphics degree.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:12 pm

evgenysmagin wrote:Hi ghazisaghir

I was wondering how did it turn out for you in the end? I'm currently in the same situation myself and only recently found out that graphic designers are not eligible for Tier 2. Very discouraging considering all the time and effort put into a graphics degree.
Please refrain from digging up topics from 2014. The SOC etc change frequently. If you have a question, start your own topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.