ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS SET (M) VISA CORRECT FOR SPOUSE & DAUGHTER

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

angie36

IS SET (M) VISA CORRECT FOR SPOUSE & DAUGHTER

Post by angie36 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:40 am

Hi,

I am British and my husband and step daughter are just coming to the end of their 27 month visa (old rules)
currently on a spouse visa, can you let me know what visa they both need for their leave to remain. I have tried reading up on here but i cant quite find the answer.

many thanks

angie

vinny

Re: IS SET (M) VISA CORRECT FOR SPOUSE & DAUGHTER

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:47 pm

SET(M) is correct.

PS You should include the year in your footnotes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

angie36

Post by angie36 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:06 pm

no probelm will i add the date..

Can i jsut ask, do we fill out a sepaerate form for the daughter?. if we do, where it says partner i assume we just leave that blank. or do we put her fathers details in, and one last question, Section 4, where it asks which category, what would we fill out for the child??? as it only asks about the partner.

many thanks

angie

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:23 pm

SET(M) wrote:Who may apply with you?
You may include children under the age of 18 if they are applying as your dependants. But they must pay the specified fee if they apply separately.
Children aged 18 or over may not be included. They must apply individually and pay the specified fee in each case.
Section 3 for the children?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

angie36

ilr granted for a child under set m visa grantdd for 5 years

Post by angie36 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi I just have a question. My husband and daughter have just got their ilr visa a set m spouse visa. My husband got a 10 yr visa but my step daughter only got 5 years, is this correct. If it is does this mean in 5 years time does she have to reaply and pay £1000 again..od can shs get an extension.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ilr granted for a child under set m visa grantdd for 5 y

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:37 am

The ILR BRP card needs to be renewed (similar to drivers license etc). Small fee to renew but the assumption is that they will apply for citizenship before a renewal is required.

ILR does not expire (with some exceptions), just the physical card expires as peoples appearances change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

angie36

Post by angie36 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:44 am

Thanks for the answer.. I assume you dont have to go for citizenship, ccan you renew for another 10 years. Not too sure if my husband wants to give up his indian passport..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:16 pm

No, he does not have to apply for citizenship if he does not wish to and can just renew the BRP card (fee of £37 currently) as necessary.

Bear in mind that there is an absence limit to retain ILR (2 years and you lose it and have to apply for returning visas etc).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.