ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving back to ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

murilloinf
Newly Registered

Moving back to ireland

Post by murilloinf » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Folks,

Wonder if anybody can give me a bit of advice here.

I was married to a Eu national, we got married in ireland in 2007. I was then issued with a stamp 4 visa which lasted till 2012.

The point is in 2012 ( before my visa expiration date ) I left Ireland to take an mba in the US.

We got divorce since, papers came through the mail last week, I however had plans to move back to dublin in January.

Wondering if I am allowed to comeback at all ?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Moving back to ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:06 pm

No; you won't have any rights based on your previous relationship with your ex EU partner.

You can, of course, look for work permit sponsorship on your own merit.

murilloinf
Newly Registered

Post by murilloinf » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:29 pm

Even tho I worked for over 5 years in Ireland and went to an Irish university ?

By the way , I do have a job offer already. The employer however can't sponsor a visa

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:39 pm

murilloinf wrote:Even tho I worked for over 5 years in Ireland and went to an Irish university ?

By the way , I do have a job offer already. The employer however can't sponsor a visa
If you didn't get any residency documents/citizenship while you were there, I don't think you would have any right to work there. Plus you have been away for a while.