ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for my 2 year old

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILRapplication80

British Citizenship for my 2 year old

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:54 am

Dear Senior Members of this Forum,

I have just got my ILR on 19th December & my wife extension as my dependent for another 3 years (she qualifies for ILR in 3 years time).

I have got a 2 year old boy who was born in UK. His dependant visa expires on 14th Jan 2015.

Will really appreciate if someone can answer the following questions.

1) Can I apply for British Citizenship for my baby now given that I have got an ILR. I am getting confusing messages now that both parents need to have an ILR before I can apply for my baby nationality?

2) If my baby does qualify for British Citizenship now - under what section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under would his application be considered?

3) I have not received my BRP card yet - would letter of ILR approval suffice for me to make an application.

4) If I have to wait for BRP & this does not arrive before 14th Jan 2015. Would he be classified as an overstayer? Would this be an issue when I make the application.

Many Thanks in advance for all your help :)

vinny

Re: British Citizenship for my 2 year old

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:19 pm

1. One parent with ILR is sufficient.
2. 1(3).
3. I don't know.
4. He would be classified as an overstayer. However, this is irrelevant to his entitlement to register.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:28 pm

ILR approval letter should be fine. I have submitted my kids application today through NCS without BRP and they confirmed from home office that it is fine.
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Thank you so much for the prompt reponse guys - you guys are doing a great thing running this forum :D

Also, can you pls confirm which form to use when making an application - is this FORM MN1 - just wanted to confirm for the sake of it

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

Many Thanks,

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:02 pm

I am a bit confused is the MN1 only for registration - and how do we receive the British Passport for the child? Do we have to register first and the apply separately through some other form?

Many Thanks,

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:15 pm

ILRapplication80 wrote:I am a bit confused is the MN1 only for registration - and how do we receive the British Passport for the child? Do we have to register first and the apply separately through some other form?

Many Thanks,
Getting your child Naturalised as British Citizen (through MN1) is different than having a travel document (e.g. Passport). So child if not already, needs to become British first then you can apply for Passport later.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Thanks that is very helpful.

Wish there was some form of like button to appreciate your responses :)

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi there

One of my friend got her ILR on SET(LR) recently. Her son born here in UK but he stayed here only 8-9 months . Rest of 3 years of his life he stayed outside the UK with his Grandmother. Is it possible to apply his MN1 inside UK as they asked in the form all his residance history. Please help me out in this matter. Thanks

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:05 am

Insomnia wrote:Hi there

One of my friend got her ILR on SET(LR) recently. Her son born here in UK but he stayed here only 8-9 months . Rest of 3 years of his life he stayed outside the UK with his Grandmother. Is it possible to apply his MN1 inside UK as they asked in the form all his residance history. Please help me out in this matter. Thanks
She can apply for MN1 within UK as long she has all the documents. MN1 is entitlement so there is no residency requirement.

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by fwd079 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:49 pm

ILRapplication80 wrote:Thanks that is very helpful.

Wish there was some form of like button to appreciate your responses :)
:lol: my seniors here are the best, also weekly reading of sticky topics helps.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:19 am

Hello Everyone,

I have just receieved my ILR BRP card and preparing the application for my child now.

It is a very basic question - but do I have cross out each item that I don't fill out? Or I can leave them blank.

Is the cross out requirement only for the Complete sections (example section 4.) that is not applicable - I find it pretty confusing / untide going over application if I keep crossing out each items which I don't fill out within those that have been filled out.

Many Thanks,

ILRapplication80

Post by ILRapplication80 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Can someone pls confirm ?