ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Desi Pakora
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by Desi Pakora » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:15 pm

yhdil wrote:What a JOKE!!!

Spoke with HO today again for Application Progress!

The operater says that the application has not yet been allocated to case worker as yet and I am well within average application time frame!

I applied on 28th Aug.

Few days back I rang to HO and the lady goes its in process and continue to wait.

Thats really strange considering Sep guys getting approval.

In my case, I had one stolen passport, could that be the reason?

Can I ask you that what documents did you provide to home office to prove your 10 years as your passport was lost/stolen.

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Hello & Merry Xmas, apologies been silent lately. I called HO n been told that my case is with case worker. I applied on the 18th September.
My experience from the tracker assures me that we have about a week or 2 to wait for a decision. Lets see if something comes out soon

As per normal I can not go without giving out some prophecies, @Maddysheffield told u you will get your ILR on the 6th it will still not change, Spacatus like fielddrive before u, u will smile before new year. I am seeing 10 more september application coming before 31st (Yes yours is among the 10)

We will be revealing names of the people getting freedom next week

In the meantime relax n enjoy your xmas

LastPhase1
Newly Registered

Post by LastPhase1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Congrats Mizanbg.... Green eye monster from me. Enjoy your xmas present!!!!

mizanbg wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to share my good news with you. I have just today received my documents back as well as BRP with ilr. I applied on 05/09/14 and the biometric was done on 2/10/14. I was expecting it in January because of Christmas but been lucky that it has been through early. It shows that at least the first two weeks of September applicants might get their approval before the new year! My assessment is that if your application is straight forward without any complexity you should get the decision without further delays. However, whatever complex is your case might be you should ultimately get ILR on this category as this route is in my view is the only straightforward route without providing so much paper work to the HO. Apparently with all other routes you have to fulfil lots of stringent criteria. So, my best wishes to you all guys who has completed their lawful ten years in this country. I know it is difficult to wait but your patience will bring very good news soon, particularly if you consider the recent strict immigration rules and lot of negative propaganda about the immigrants. It will be even more difficult to get any settlement in this country. So, my best wishes and good luck to all you guys who have completed their journey or near to completion. Thank you guys for your support and advice and please fell free to ask me anything should you like to know. I am going to update in the tracker for other members to follow. Now is the time to celebrate... mizanbg

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:43 pm

mizanbg wrote:Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to share my good news with you. I have just today received my documents back as well as BRP with ilr. I applied on 05/09/14 and the biometric was done on 2/10/14. I was expecting it in January because of Christmas but been lucky that it has been through early. It shows that at least the first two weeks of September applicants might get their approval before the new year! My assessment is that if your application is straight forward without any complexity you should get the decision without further delays. However, whatever complex is your case might be you should ultimately get ILR on this category as this route is in my view is the only straightforward route without providing so much paper work to the HO. Apparently with all other routes you have to fulfil lots of stringent criteria. So, my best wishes to you all guys who has completed their lawful ten years in this country. I know it is difficult to wait but your patience will bring very good news soon, particularly if you consider the recent strict immigration rules and lot of negative propaganda about the immigrants. It will be even more difficult to get any settlement in this country. So, my best wishes and good luck to all you guys who have completed their journey or near to completion. Thank you guys for your support and advice and please fell free to ask me anything should you like to know. I am going to update in the tracker for other members to follow. Now is the time to celebrate... mizanbg

Congrats Mizanbg enjoy your freedom n respect the laws of the land

LastPhase1
Newly Registered

Post by LastPhase1 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:59 pm

I just spoke to a very helpful lady at the HO and she said my case is still with the case worker. She said call back next year and if it is ready, i should request the royal mail tracking number. I will not be checking this Forum or calling HO till next year. I am off to enjoy my xmas and new year...Merry xmas everyone!!!!!

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi guys

I rang HO this morning to ask about my case progress and I also asked whether has it been assigned to any caseworker but I just have been told that the system only shows my case has been received then I said madam thank you for your kind update as the acknowledgement letter I got two and half months ago already confirmed my application been received.does anybody know it might be a different sort of receive terminology.to me it sound real pathetic.

yhdil

Post by yhdil » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:02 pm

Desi Pakora wrote:
yhdil wrote:What a JOKE!!!

Spoke with HO today again for Application Progress!

The operater says that the application has not yet been allocated to case worker as yet and I am well within average application time frame!

I applied on 28th Aug.

Few days back I rang to HO and the lady goes its in process and continue to wait.

Thats really strange considering Sep guys getting approval.

In my case, I had one stolen passport, could that be the reason?

Can I ask you that what documents did you provide to home office to prove your 10 years as your passport was lost/stolen.
I didnt provide proofs of all 10 years as I have sent 2 passports. 1 passport missing which had 1.5 years student visa. For that I have sent university degree and transcripts. Old university letter stating satisfactory attendence. Police report, bank letter stating 10 years of active account.HO reference letter. Copy of lost passport and visa. Ticket copy as my return stemp was on the lost passport and few payslips. NHS Letter but I could not get it for whole of 10 years including some period of lost passport as my university couldnt retrive 3 years old medical record. I hope thats sufficent

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:16 pm

As told earlier that BRP not been received but today luckily I received before bank holidays. Guys this DX courier is horrible because their post men not good. Today by chance I open the door and get the BRP otherwise the delivery women just leave the message card and go. I personally think that DX courier should be replaced with royal mail special delivery which is million percent better.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:34 pm

HO application processing criteria is also dependent on the visa expiry date of each applicants. If someone's current visa is due to be expired soon, he or she will get priority on those who's visa is going to be expired later.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:47 pm

We have 8 September approval, so by mid of Jan September applications should be completed.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Arsal385 wrote:HO application processing criteria is also dependent on the visa expiry date of each applicants. If someone's current visa is due to be expired soon, he or she will get priority on those who's visa is going to be expired later.
@arsal,mate this may be your opinion but to me this argument is not really strong and if this was the case then HO should have warned applicants already whose visas are not going to expire soon as majority of applicants who applied still got validity in their visas but they have received their ilr in an average time.

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Just contacted HO and was told 1) some September applications recently started to be considered and 2) October applications will follow in March 2015 the earliest. Hence, I understand that all those waiting September are facing two long waiting months. Good luck to everyone!

ali45

Post by ali45 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Totally agree with shahfurqan as one of my friend got his ILR recently with 3 months and 14 days time and his T1 Visa valid until end of NOV 2016

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:29 pm

hello All,

Just to update the royal mail status has changed to Its on its way ! finally Alhumdulillah. Its says that it will be delivered on 29th thou. But alteast we know its on the way.In sha Allah hope its good news

P.s - Applied on 26th Aug

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:35 pm

abbeywell wrote:Just contacted HO and was told 1) some September applications recently started to be considered and 2) October applications will follow in March 2015 the earliest. Hence, I understand that all those waiting September are facing two long waiting months. Good luck to everyone!
That's totally wrong info you got. They can't say that October application will be considered in March. As they don'tknow how long it gonna take and could be much earlier than that.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:41 pm

visaforus wrote:hello All,

Just to update the royal mail status has changed to Its on its way ! finally Alhumdulillah. Its says that it will be delivered on 29th thou. But alteast we know its on the way.In sha Allah hope its good news

P.s - Applied on 26th Aug
Are you on tracker and if so under what name? And one or two applications?

visaforus

Post by visaforus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:04 pm

visaforus wrote:Hi all,

Been a silent reader too, I am tracking and following up on behalf of my husband's ILR.

we applied on the 26th August too (on my birthday :D :D ),
the acknowledgment and biometric done dates, I don't remember , been asking hubby but he has to look up the letter and he has been busy with work lately, so those dates I might update later.

But yes, been waiting for his ILR since last week of Nov and now looks like it might well be next year :cry:
there quiet a few applicants waiting from the same date I believe, anyways All the Best to all. Hope New year starts on a positive note for everyone In sha Allah.

pls add me to the timeline. thanks

This was my post earlier this week.

It is just one application -my Husband's
I requested to be added to the timeline but looks like haven't been yet.
If some could , will be grateful as I don't wish to mess with it.

Thanks

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:20 pm

@magnet confirm you approval in forum plz ... congrats you are definitely magnet ;-)

abbeywell
Newly Registered

Post by abbeywell » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:25 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:
abbeywell wrote:Just contacted HO and was told 1) some September applications recently started to be considered and 2) October applications will follow in March 2015 the earliest. Hence, I understand that all those waiting September are facing two long waiting months. Good luck to everyone!
That's totally wrong info you got. They can't say that October application will be considered in March. As they don'tknow how long it gonna take and could be much earlier than that.
No offence, that is what I was told. I pressume they have guesstimates based on historical data. Hope you are right and things are sorted out much earlier for all of us. Merry Christmas.

veryconfused.com
Newly Registered

Post by veryconfused.com » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi All,

Sorry I got busy with lots of things so did not update you about my status.
I have received my approval on 23rd (dated 21st) and BRP on 24th. This forum has helped me a lot to keep my nerves and also track when to expect an answer. Thanks a lot to everyone and Good luck to all who are waiting.
Lastly Spatacus, thanks for your good wishes although I must correct you just to say it should have been sister and not "bro" :lol:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!
Spatacus wrote:
veryconfused.com wrote:Hi Everyone,

Just like everyone I have been eagerly waiting for some news to come through the post. Finally the royal mail webpage shows that my post is on its way and should be with me tomorrow. Just like sikilr and ilr10yr, I guess I will hear something tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!!!

Good luck to all. We might just get a Xmas present early!
Hi veryconfused.com,
Its nice to see approvals coming in just before Christmas. Am so pleased with everyone who have checked their RM return envelopes and see that the status has changed from come back later to its on its way.
Congratulations in advance bro.

sikiilr
Newly Registered

Post by sikiilr » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:59 pm

GUYS BY THE GRACE OF ALLAH I HAVE RECEIVED MY BRP TODAY I WISH ALL OF YOU BEST OF LUCK AND PRAY THAT YOU WILL GET YOUR APPROVAL SOON.

zeekstar
Newly Registered

Post by zeekstar » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:00 pm

Hi Everyone
Applied for ILR on 04/04/2014
Acknowledgment received 11/04/2014
Biometric 22/04/2014
On 27/10/2014 received a letter from Home office that I still have to wait..
Still waiting and in January 4th 2015 it will be 9 months :( .....

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I received my BRP today. My approval letter issued on 20th December Recieved Yesterday and BRP today. Good luck to all and congrats who received their ILR Recently.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE UPDATE ME IN TRACKER.
Have a festive holidays everyone.

Thanks

Kindsoul
United Kingdom

Post by Kindsoul » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:41 pm

LETTER FROM HOME OFFICE.
Hi everyone, I have applied on 15th of sep 2014 for ILR(LR) and still waiting for the result. I have also sent my
Wife's application and asked them to put on hold until I get my ILR . NOW yesterday I have received a letter
Stating that your application is put on hold ( as expected) due to your sponser's outstanding application in LIVERPOOL. but further they have asked me ;

“It is noted that your child is not currently a British Citizen. Therefore, we would wish to know what your intentions are in respect to your child's permission to be in the United kingdom, given that your spouse has yet to obtain indefinite Leave to Remain".

I have not sent my child's application because my daughter already has visa till April 2016 and I will apply for british citizenship( will automatically qualify for British Citizen, born in UK ) for her as soon as I receive my ILR.

Has anybody experinced this? Or have knowledge in terms of responding to this query.

Do I need to inform them or how ( sending copies of her passport & visa) OR simply reply them mentioning that I will be applying for BC soon I get my ILR. Suggestion please.

Many thanks to all.
Baz

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:02 pm

zeekstar wrote:Hi Everyone
Applied for ILR on 04/04/2014
Acknowledgment received 11/04/2014
Biometric 22/04/2014
On 27/10/2014 received a letter from Home office that I still have to wait..
Still waiting and in January 4th 2015 it will be 9 months :( .....
Is your application a straight forward case? Or do you have gaps/ any other adverse history?