ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse of Irish Citizen & Zambrano Route

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Spouse of Irish Citizen & Zambrano Route

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi All,

I have three questions if you could clarify that please:

My wife got her first stamp 4 (for 1 year) on the bases of spouse of Irish citizen last year which is due to expire next month. What I heard is that DOJ will renew it for one year again and not for long term.

We have an Irish born child who is an Irish citizen by birth (only few months old). If my wife re-new her visa on the bases of our child she will get her visa extended for 3 years.

1- So my first question is whether is it possible if her visa could be renewed on the window on the same day on the bases of Zambrano ?

2- If its possible would it be renewed for three years ?

3- Last and most important one is, if her visa is renewed on the bases of Zambrano so basically her visa status is not "Spouse of Irish citizen" any more. Can she still apply for her naturalization after 3 years taken on board that we are and will still be married at that time.

The whole purpose of asking this question is that we want a long term visa and don't wana queue up every year.

Your comments and opinion would be highly appreciated and Thanks in advance....
Last edited by CalvinKlien on Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

mahersab

Re: Spouse of Irish Citizen & Zambrano Route

Post by mahersab » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:46 am

Yes she will get zabrano visa on window , for three year , she need GP letter for chil , and proof of adress. And 300 euro for registration fees. And 100 eurofor re entery visa,

Yes, she can apply irish citizenship afyerthree year if she married to irish citizen , they account time from day of marriage, not from stamp
Mahersab

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Thanks mahersab,

Anyone else would like to comment on my question please ?

Thanks

flatpack

Post by flatpack » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:42 pm

do you have reference to any site or inis link?

mahersab wrote:Yes, she can apply irish citizenship afyerthree year if she married to irish citizen , they account time from day of marriage, not from stamp

lordvon
Newly Registered

Post by lordvon » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:23 pm

flatpack wrote:do you have reference to any site or inis link?

mahersab wrote:Yes, she can apply irish citizenship afyerthree year if she married to irish citizen , they account time from day of marriage, not from stamp

you don't need stamp,, obviously if your spouse is EU passport holder, applying for Irish Naturalisation, you only need 3 years, proof of address like bills and mortgage papers,,, but if your spouse is a non EU you need definitely 3 years immigration stamp continuous before you apply her for naturalisation ..