ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent with in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gaurav0098
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent with in UK

Post by gaurav0098 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 ICT Long term staff visa. I have been in UK since september 2012. My wife who was my dependent earlier has got Tier 2 General visa in our home country. We were clear about that her switch can't happen within the country hence she had travelled to complete it.

I had not applied along with her to become Tier 2 General Dependent thinking I can do it with in UK. However people have been confusing me with contradicting statements. Where ever I can read on this forum it clearly statest that I can apply within UK to convert my status from Tier 2 ICT long term staff to Tier 2 General dependent. however I got some other statement hence to double check I had called UKBA helpline and the guy stated that I would need to leave country for the switch to happen.

Has there been any changes in the rules recently? Or is it still valid that I can switch within the country itself?

I know this has been posted as possible on forum at a number of places but if some one can confirm this, I would be highly obliged. If possible, can you please let me know where can I see it with in the Tier 2 Dependent policy that switch within the country is not allowed.

Hoping to see a quick response from experts.

Thanks

gaurav0098
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General Dependent with in UK

Post by gaurav0098 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Hi Guys,

This is getting really confusing. I contacted 2 solicitors. One said I can do it with in the country and one said I need to go back to home country.

I am unable to plan anything due to this. Urge the experts to please point me in the correct direction. I am unable to understand which set of information is correct. If some one can point out where can I find it in policy document?

Thanks

arts99
United Kingdom

Post by arts99 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:05 pm

gaurav0098 wrote: however I got some other statement .
What is that other statement?

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:38 pm

You may switch in the UK (319C).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ankjain

Post by ankjain » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:14 pm

you can definitely change from UK.. I know a person who has done that.
In fact from what I know, if you apply to change visa category outside UK you can do it after 12 months i.e. cooling off.

Porus

Post by Porus » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:46 pm

@ankjain, are you saying there is a 1 year cooling off period if gaurav wants to apply tier 2 dependent from outside uk immediately after his tier 2 long term ICT visa expiry? .. If so can you quote the rule where it is written so please?.