ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkish businessperson visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nipper88

Turkish businessperson visa

Post by nipper88 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:54 pm

So I have found out about the 'Ankara agreement' from the 1960's and assume this is the same as the Turkish businessperson visa. I am asking about this on behalf of a Turkish family friend who wishes to come and be a partner in a business here in the UK with his partner who is a British citizen. There are some things I am unclear about so if anyone could shed some light on the below we would be very grateful.

Firstly, they want to buy a leasehold or freehold business like a cafe or tea rooms. Is there a requirement regarding this? Does the business have to be leasehold or freehold for the application for the visa to be viable?

Secondly, the financial requirement needs clarification. I understand it used to be £200,000 but now there seems to be no minimum. So does the applicant have to have a minimum percentage of the company in his name? Also, do all the funds have to be in a Turkish account or UK account? What about the account activity requirements? Also, does the amount of money required depend on the types of business being entered into? Also, can the account be joint or does it have to only be in the name of the applicant?

Thirdly, can he study whilst on this visa?

Finally, if applied for, how long does this visa generally take to get a decision?

Thanks in advance!

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Turkish businessperson visa

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:37 pm