ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajek01

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by ajek01 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:08 pm

veryconfused.com wrote:Hi All,

Sorry I got busy with lots of things so did not update you about my status.
I have received my approval on 23rd (dated 21st) and BRP on 24th. This forum has helped me a lot to keep my nerves and also track when to expect an answer. Thanks a lot to everyone and Good luck to all who are waiting.
Lastly Spatacus, thanks for your good wishes although I must correct you just to say it should have been sister and not "bro" :lol:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all!
Congrats sister!

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependents won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependent with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversely with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

We are now about to challenge the rule as we have nearly done our research with Barristers and now we are on the stage of challenging the rule. We need people who are affected by this rule to join us

https://www.facebook.com/groups/716996288335740/
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 64354.html

Thanks
Regards
Faisal

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:59 pm

visaforus wrote:
visaforus wrote:Hi all,

Been a silent reader too, I am tracking and following up on behalf of my husband's ILR.

we applied on the 26th August too (on my birthday :D :D ),
the acknowledgment and biometric done dates, I don't remember , been asking hubby but he has to look up the letter and he has been busy with work lately, so those dates I might update later.

But yes, been waiting for his ILR since last week of Nov and now looks like it might well be next year :cry:
there quiet a few applicants waiting from the same date I believe, anyways All the Best to all. Hope New year starts on a positive note for everyone In sha Allah.

pls add me to the timeline. thanks
This was my post earlier this week.

It is just one application -my Husband's
I requested to be added to the timeline but looks like haven't been yet.
If some could , will be grateful as I don't wish to mess with it.

Thanks

Hello, I have added your name on the tracker, Let us know your Bio dates to update the tracker.Serial # 106

ajek01

Post by ajek01 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:06 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:We have 8 September approval, so by mid of Jan September applications should be completed.
Hi imraniqbal2010, what is the member name for 8 September approval ?

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:33 am

ajek01 wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:We have 8 September approval, so by mid of Jan September applications should be completed.
Hi imraniqbal2010, what is the member name for 8 September approval ?
That was total number of applications approved in september till that time. :wink:

sep17
Newly Registered

Post by sep17 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:48 am

Hi everyone...dx attempted to deliver a parcel for me today 24th unfortunately no one was at home. I have to rearrange for delivery :cry: I hope it's gud news. I applied 17th sep 2014. Straightforward case no gaps or convictions. I was eligible to apply for ilr under long residence in April this year but someone told me they don't count the time u spent on a psw which was a big lie. This forum has been really helpful. Thank you all.....I do hope it's gud news.

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:58 am

Hi Everyone
Do any one know if HO treat children's 10 year ILR application as different? Have any body applied / got result for their children's ILR application? Please let me know.
Regards

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:00 am

sep17 wrote:Hi everyone...dx attempted to deliver a parcel for me today 24th unfortunately no one was at home. I have to rearrange for delivery :cry: I hope it's gud news. I applied 17th sep 2014. Straightforward case no gaps or convictions. I was eligible to apply for ilr under long residence in April this year but someone told me they don't count the time u spent on a psw which was a big lie. This forum has been really helpful. Thank you all.....I do hope it's gud news.
Be positive. Wish you good luck... Let us know.

shahfurqan
Member of Standing

Post by shahfurqan » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:26 am

Hi guys,

Does HO treat an application straightforward even if the application has been returned as invalid at one or two occasions in past due to any reason and its been resubmitted within the twenty eight days rules and secondly total number of absences out of this country is 540 days which comes to 18 months which are excluded departure and arrival dates but what i want to know that what if a person has spend 525 days outside and have provided all the passports along with entry and exits stamps,can HO will again treat it a straightforward or they will make general opinion and could put application on hold because of too many absences but under rules.does anybody want to comment to the best of their knowledge??????

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:33 am

alam_m wrote:Hi Everyone
Do any one know if HO treat children's 10 year ILR application as different? Have any body applied / got result for their children's ILR application? Please let me know.
Regards
Merry Xmas Alam_m, The 10 year rule applies to everyone. However, your kids can still qualify for ILR under the 7 year rule, those over 18 years will have to apply for the FLR(FP) provided they meet the requirements of 276ADE(1)

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:42 am

shahfurqan wrote:Hi guys,

Does HO treat an application straightforward even if the application has been returned as invalid at one or two occasions in past due to any reason and its been resubmitted within the twenty eight days rules and secondly total number of absences out of this country is 540 days which comes to 18 months which are excluded departure and arrival dates but what i want to know that what if a person has spend 525 days outside and have provided all the passports along with entry and exits stamps,can HO will again treat it a straightforward or they will make general opinion and could put application on hold because of too many absences but under rules.does anybody want to comment to the best of their knowledge??????
Hi Shah - I would recommend providing an additional cover note detailing your time of absence and the number of dates missing. Your application is straight forward however with a pissed off caseworker you might experience some delays hence the provision of further explanation. If the absence is business related even better.

The FLR(LR) application form is comprehensive however, additing a bit of bone to the the skeleton will not do u any harm. In the forum we have seen worse cases getting approval, stay positive

Now stop worrying enjoy your Xmas n do the write up after xmas

Baba JJ

baba JJ

Re: g10 years long residence applications

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:44 am

sep17 wrote:Hi everyone...dx attempted to deliver a parcel for me today 24th unfortunately no one was at home. I have to rearrange for delivery :cry: I hope it's gud news. I applied 17th sep 2014. Straightforward case no gaps or convictions. I was eligible to apply for ilr under long residence in April this year but someone told me they don't count the time u spent on a psw which was a big lie. This forum has been really helpful. Thank you all.....I do hope it's gud news.
It is well my friend, this is a season of Joy n you will have your Joy this year.

When you have received your ILR please respect the laws of the land

alam_m

Post by alam_m » Thu Dec 25, 2014 10:31 am

baba JJ wrote:
Regards
Merry Xmas Alam_m, The 10 year rule applies to everyone. However, your kids can still qualify for ILR under the 7 year rule, those over 18 years will have to apply for the FLR(FP) provided they meet the requirements of 276ADE(1)
@baba JJ::: my daughter is 13 this year. I sent her application 15th Dec 14. Would the decision time be long as us???

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:27 am

alam_m wrote:
baba JJ wrote:
Regards
@baba JJ::: my daughter is 13 this year. I sent her application 15th Dec 14. Would the decision time be long as us???
The decision time should be the standard customer charter of the HO of 6 months or earlier

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Kindly someone suggest me I completed lawful 10 yeas on March this year and next year march through Tier 1 I will complete 5 year.
My wife got spouse visa on Dec 2011 in Pakistan and came here in June 2012 and she went back on Sept. 2012. She came back again in July 2013 and since this date she lives here.
My question is which route for getting ILR would be more beneficial and less risky

Either
1) If I apply on 10 year long residency base - But what will happen then with my wife ?
2) If I apply on Tier 1 base - But what will happen then with my wife ?

I am just worried about my wife as some people said as she got spouse visa before july 2012 so she could only spent 2 years to get ILR but many says she is to spend 5 years from the date of getting FLRM visa

Please help me if you know something

I will really appreciate your suggestion

Thanks
Regards

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi guys

Please I want to know how I can expediate my case. My grand mom passed away this morning and I have to travel asap. How can I contact HO and weather they will send my documents without processing or they will make a decision. Anyone know weather HO is open tomorrow.

Anyone experienced or senior members please reply asap.
I have applied on 26 Aug

Thanks in advance
Ali

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:06 pm

Cisco89 wrote:Hi Kindly someone suggest me I completed lawful 10 yeas on March this year and next year march through Tier 1 I will complete 5 year.
My wife got spouse visa on Dec 2011 in Pakistan and came here in June 2012 and she went back on Sept. 2012. She came back again in July 2013 and since this date she lives here.
My question is which route for getting ILR would be more beneficial and less risky

Either
1) If I apply on 10 year long residency base - But what will happen then with my wife ?
2) If I apply on Tier 1 base - But what will happen then with my wife ?

I am just worried about my wife as some people said as she got spouse visa before july 2012 so she could only spent 2 years to get ILR but many says she is to spend 5 years from the date of getting FLRM visa

Thanks
Regards

With an impending Election in 2015, my suggestion is to get the ILR now via the 10 year route n Apply for FLR(M) for your wife at the PEO.
You will be happy to note that you can also make an application for Set(M) on the same day :)

Brother, it is taking 3 months to get ILR via 10 years. So by March 2015 you will have your ILR

Believe you me 2015 will see a change tp the 10 year rule, we r the lucky few ;)

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:11 pm

Dear Brother really Thank you for reading my message and reply to me.

Do you think 10 year application will take just 3 month for decision

baba JJ

Post by baba JJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Cisco89 wrote:Dear Brother really Thank you for reading my message and reply to me.

Do you think 10 year application will take just 3 month for decision
It is taking on average 14 weeks to get a decision, this is including busy months like August. January/February should be less difficult.

Besides the 10 year route is less stringent than any other ILR category

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:04 am

i Kindly someone suggest me I completed lawful 10 yeas on March this year and next year march through Tier 1 I will complete 5 year.

Either
1) If I apply on 10 year long residency base which is I am eligible now - But what will happen then with my wife ?
2) If I apply on Tier 1 base will be eligible next February - But what will happen then with my wife ?

Thanks
Regards

ronzie
Newly Registered

Post by ronzie » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:00 am

Cisco89 wrote:i Kindly someone suggest me I completed lawful 10 yeas on March this year and next year march through Tier 1 I will complete 5 year.

Either
1) If I apply on 10 year long residency base which is I am eligible now - But what will happen then with my wife ?
2) If I apply on Tier 1 base will be eligible next February - But what will happen then with my wife ?

Thanks
Regards
Cisco89,

If you apply through via 10 years you just only need your lawful continues stay in UK without any gap and breach plus b1 English and liuk

If you apply other way T1 you need above plus all the proof of tax and your employment or self employment

I suggest go for T1 so your wife can get straight way after you getting your ILR but she shouldn't out of UK more than 6 months

Good Luck and update us

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:04 am

Cisco89 wrote: many says she is to spend 5 years from the date of getting FLRM visa
Correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

maddysheffield
Member of Standing

Post by maddysheffield » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:21 am

Allesheikh wrote:Hi guys

Please I want to know how I can expediate my case. My grand mom passed away this morning and I have to travel asap. How can I contact HO and weather they will send my documents without processing or they will make a decision. Anyone know weather HO is open tomorrow.

Anyone experienced or senior members please reply asap.
I have applied on 26 Aug

Thanks in advance
Ali
@Allesheikh first of all sorry to hear the sad news may god give strength to you and ur family ... you can do 2 things

1. contact ur local MP they will send a letterto HO TO expedite your application process
2. you can also send a letter change in circumstances informing and requesting them to expedite your application ...in both situations you need to show some proof... say email from home or letter from doc..............

Hope you get things done quickly and be with your family to support them.

the above is as per my knowledge ..any senior members would like to add please help .

|Thanks in advance .

Cisco89
Newly Registered

Post by Cisco89 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:38 am

Sorry in my first message a line was missing
----------

Hi Kindly someone suggest me I completed lawful 10 yeas on March this year and next year march through Tier 1 I will complete 5 year.

My wife got spouse visa on Dec 2011 in Pakistan and came here in June 2012 and she went back on Sept.2012 Overall she spent here 3 months in 2012. She came back again in July 2014 and since this date she lives here. Altogether she spent so far 9 months in uk
My question is which route for getting ILR would be more beneficial and less risky for us

I have already applied ILR on 10 year base in 1st week of October 2014 and I will be eligible to apply ILR on Tier 1 base on 24th Feb 2015

Some friends suggesting me if I will not get decision till Feb 2015 then I need to apply ILR on Tier 1 base with my wife . So in this way my wife will get ILR as well because of 9 July 2012 rule.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:39 am

Only 5 Applications on tracker for the month of December as compared to nearly 80 in August.