ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicants waiting for 6 months

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_2014

Applicants waiting for 6 months

Post by london_2014 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:56 am

Hi all,

Congratulations to those who have received the brown envelope already. However, this post relates to the ones who have been/on course to 'waiting for more than 6 months' for any communication with home office. I applies in the beginning of September and I have been told that the application is "under processing" and one generous customer service representative went beyond the call of duty to let me know that any decision is unlikely to be made before the end of 2014. Since approval for October and November has started to come through and approval after 2.5months drastically reduces I strongly believe I on course to join the "more than 6 months army".

Having read some posts from the guys 'waiting for more than 6 months' I understand nothing drastically change from Home office's point of view (typical responses: under processing, mandatory checks, need some more documents (which is the most objective communication you can get) even when you :

a. compliant to home office
b.write to local MP
c. write to home secretary
d. write to shadow home secretary

However, is it possible for us to put all the applicants who have been waiting for more than 6 months in timeline like thread with an added point like 'potential issue' to see if we can establish a pattern for applications taking more than 6 months? Can I request the unfortunate ones to write their timelines in this post with added 'Issue line'? If you have had any success after 6 months let us know if any steps helped you guys.

Finally, what is the point of is 6 month SLA breach for HO if they fail to reach a decision without any 'valid reason'? They might as well extend that to 2 years and remove cusotmer service/compliant department dealing with these quesries and save some more money. :(

london_2014

Re: Applicants waiting for 6 months

Post by london_2014 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:29 am

Application Timeline :
Eligibility criteria: 2 Year Workpermit + 3 yrs (Tier 1 General) + 1 yr ILR
Method of application: NCS Ealing (10-September-2014)
Date of receipt by UKBA: Awaiting
Date of receipt of acknowledgement letter: 24/09 (via email)
Payment Method: Debit Card
Date of debit of fees: 24/09 (same email as the acknowledgement letter)
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of Ceremony: TB
Worried: FPN/Caution (Dislcosed)/5 addresses (taking more time to get a response from the councils)???

Floj
Newly Registered

Post by Floj » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:17 pm

How do i post this is new to me

Floj
Newly Registered

Post by Floj » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:28 pm

Got it !
I have applied on 4/07/2014 in Liverpool.
Received letter of aknowledgement 14/07/2014!
Called couple of times same response , under consideration.
I dont get it. My application is straight forward. I have had family reunion with my mother and held ILR for 11 years. I just was to lazy to do it before (wish I had as it was so easy back then none of this nonsense).
Well i will let u guys know how i get on and thnx to whoever created this stuff. It helps.
Good luck everyone.

Samaralady

Post by Samaralady » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:40 pm

I agree with you on the latter point that their aim to process applications within 6 months is pointless.

I didn't bother to do anything for the first 6 months, but on the fist day of the 7th month I wrote to my MP and have constantly been bothering the HO on the phone: I vant ze response now!

I have been told that a decision has been made and the letter is in the post, but I believe it when I hold it in my hands, and besides they didn't state whether the decision was positive or negative.

As far as I'm concerned, I am an EU citizen without a PR card - they stated that this can cause delays, but who anticipates such extreme delays? But in genereal I think that this is one of the main issues for EU citizens here.
„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit, aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“
Albert Einstein

cmpic

Post by cmpic » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:02 pm

agree its better to unite all the threads with people waiting 6+ months into one. Let's start with getting a list of ppl still waiting. We can do this by creating a public google-drive spreadsheet (can't do it from work right now). To simplify suggest four columns:
Username, App Date, Qualification (ILR, EU, etc), Complications (convictions, etc).

Kashiokinamasaka
Newly Registered

Post by Kashiokinamasaka » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:06 am

I think i will be waiting for 6 months now.

I thought my application was straightforward, 5 years residence + 2 ILR.

I even received the letter of approval, but couldn't book my ceremony as the certificate has never been delivered to my local council.

I emailed back and forth with HM and finally was told that the approval letter was sent in error. All i am aware of now is that they are performing further checks and do not require any further information from me.

Pretty worried as i had that moment of glory when i received the letter of approval which was kind of stripped away in a confusing fashion.

danbeb
Newly Registered

Post by danbeb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

@Kashiokinamasaka, I am in exactly the same situation. They first sent me a letter which said my application had been successful and when I contacted the local authority to book my ceremony I was told that the certificate was sent back.I contacted the Home Office and they said that further checks are required. It's now been seven and a half months since I received the acknowledgement letter. Have you heard anything from the Home Office yet?

danbeb
Newly Registered

Post by danbeb » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Kashiokinamasaka wrote:I think i will be waiting for 6 months now.

I even received the letter of approval, but couldn't book my ceremony as the certificate has never been delivered to my local council.

I emailed back and forth with HM and finally was told that the approval letter was sent in error. All i am aware of now is that they are performing further checks and do not require any further information from me.

Pretty worried as i had that moment of glory when i received the letter of approval which was kind of stripped away in a confusing fashion.
I am in exactly the same situation. They first sent me a letter which said my application had been successful and when I contacted the local authority to book my ceremony I was told that the certificate was sent back.I contacted the Home Office and they said that further checks are required. It's now been seven and a half months since I received the acknowledgement letter. Have you heard anything from the Home Office yet?

newsoul
Newly Registered

Post by newsoul » Sun May 29, 2016 12:51 pm

danbeb wrote:
Kashiokinamasaka wrote:I think i will be waiting for 6 months now.

I am in exactly the same situation. They first sent me a letter which said my application had been successful and when I contacted the local authority to book my ceremony I was told that the certificate was sent back.I contacted the Home Office and they said that further checks are required. It's now been seven and a half months since I received the acknowledgement letter. Have you heard anything from the Home Office yet?
Hi Guys,

I know that it's been a long time since you had this drama with the Home office, i'm quiet in a similar situation applied in August 2015 and received an approval on the December and later on another letter stating that it was prematurely approved. I have been waiting for 9 months since i submitted my application and still no sign of a second approval, I did get my MP involved but that didn't speed up the process, i simply received the same generic answer that my application is still under consideration and they will let me know when they make a decision.

I am eager to know if you finally received an approval and how long did it take till you've receive it?

Your reply is really appreciated.

Thanks.
NS