ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR (10 years basis) when dependents traveling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ijazkhan
Newly Registered

Applied for ILR (10 years basis) when dependents traveling

Post by ijazkhan » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Can experts throw some light on the issue I am facing please.

I have applied for ILR (on 10 years basis) since 1st Nov 2014 for myself. I am currently on Teir 1 General which is due to expire in 2016 and have got 3 dependents who are traveling abroad mid Jan 2015. Can you advise me please if it is ok for them to travel abroad and come back with me after I'll have got my ILR but they'll still be on Tier 1 General dependent visa which obviously we'll change to ILR dependent.

My wife joined me in March 2011 so I believe she can get ILR straight after becoming dependent of ILR holder.

Thanks in advance and hope

vinny

Re: Applied for ILR (10 years basis) when dependents traveli

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:52 pm

ijazkhan wrote:Can experts throw some light on the issue I am facing please.

I have applied for ILR (on 10 years basis) since 1st Nov 2014 for myself. I am currently on Teir 1 General which is due to expire in 2016 and have got 3 dependents who are traveling abroad mid Jan 2015. Can you advise me please if it is ok for them to travel abroad and come back with me after I'll have got my ILR but they'll still be on Tier 1 General dependent visa which obviously we'll change to ILR dependent.
Risky.
My wife joined me in March 2011 so I believe she can get ILR straight after becoming dependent of ILR holder.

Thanks in advance and hope
Unfortunately, no.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ijazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by ijazkhan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks Vinny fir replying

I called ukba yesterday to find out and they guuded me to call ukvi-international.faq-help.com

I called and paid £1.37 per minute for advice over the phone. The rep said as long as dependent's old visa is not expired, they are fine to come back country even if main applicant's visa has been changed to ILR.

Thank you very much anyway for replying.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Thanks. Do let us know what happens when she returns.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.