ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Nov-Dec right time for job seeking in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allgo

Is Nov-Dec right time for job seeking in UK

Post by allgo » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:49 pm

Hi all,

as per circumstances it seems earliest I can go is first week of Nov....just wondering is Nov dec a good time for job seeking? as I hear at that time it is party and holiday mood in UK and very few recruitments take place....is that true? In case I defer till Jan..i will lose 4 months of my precious visa time...and can that be a negative point for extension of visa application after 2 years?

Kindly suggest ppl who r already in UK...

allgo

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:31 am

To be honest, it all depends on the situation and your luck.....what you heard is true, it is bit hard to get a job in Nov and Dec months. I dont think there is any problem if you loose your 4 months of visa time as according to present rules you just need to show 12 of 15 months earnings prior to make your extension application......

so it all depends how you perform in laast 12 or 15 months of you visa.

But again I have to say that nobody can believe this uncertain nature of HSMP rules......

:roll: :roll:

I dont think I have give you any answer, but use your discretion my friend. Sorry I couldn't help you much

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi
When I first came I started my job hunt in earnest around November/ December and I did get a number of calls for interviews, some right in December but the better ones as it turned out were ones which I applied for in December and was contacted by agencies to arrange interviews for the first working week of January. Moral of the story - starting your job hunt in November/December may not yield a job immediately but it may put you in good stead to get a Job come January.
'In everything give thanks'

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:13 pm

I see a surge right now for September October.
At Nov dec, it is in the end of the year and the budget has been spent. so I'd get in on it now if I was you.

allgo

Post by allgo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:31 am

Agreed...

I am in software field and having 3 yrs exp in j2ee.

Just wondering given everything goes fine ho much time typically it takes to find and join a job?
I mean normally in UK what is a common processing time for a candidate getting placed? And how rigorous and rouds f interview they conduct?

The news of last 12 months earnings only for visa extension is encouraging for me...as coming in UK on Jan is one of my options.

Is trying on my own from India through jobsites and contacts there in UK fetch any interview calls, given I already have the visa. Kindly suggest

Lastly this grp really rox!!!