ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Story

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

indian_in_uk

ILR Success Story

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:20 pm

Dear All,

I finally got my ILR on Tuesday from Birmingham PEO.

I arrived in the UK in Aug'2002 and was on work permit till Sep 2004 for the same employer. then I changed jobs and had my WP transfer done by second employer and then opted for Highly Skilled Visa, got extension last year and finally ILR on Tuesday.

I was quite worried about points on my license and fine I had to pay because I was caught driving on International Licence and British Provisional Licence. I mentioned in the SET(O) form anyhow and thank god it dint matter at all..

I tried for 2 weeks to get an appointment and finally got one with Soluhull PEO at 10 AM, got there around 9 and was called for around 9:45 (some people who booked for 9 AM slot dint show up), went to caseworker, she asked me for my original wps and HSMP approval letter then checked something on the computer and called someone in Homeoffice to confirm everything.. (Strange thing, the lady on the phone said they can not confirm my HSMP details and she told the case worker to call another number to confirm HSMP details and no one would pick up the phone, I was worried but eventually case worker spoke to her manager and he checked all documents and said everything is fine). She asked me to put all absenses from UK (including family visits etc) on the form..

I was then asked to produce Life in the UK test, Employer Letter and Bank statements, she dint ask for Marriage Certficate, Salary Slips, P60 etc.. and asked me to come after 1 hour. I came back after 1:00 hour, waited for another 20 minutes and was given my and my wife's passport back with ILR granted :)

It was a very smooth process, just carry all documents and you will be fine.

I would like to thanks all forum members for their help, this channel is fantastic. My special thanks to John, VictoriaS, tekaweni ..

Cheers Guys
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:35 pm

Congrats,

I am curious as to why you were asked for a letter from your employer, I thought that was relevant only if your last period of leave was as on a work permit. What does this letter from your employer say?
'In everything give thanks'

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:40 pm

Thanks Mate,

Employer letter was just about that I am working with them from so and so date, my salary and my national insurance number. (It DID NOT say anything about that the employment will continue if ILR is granted etc..).
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

was

Post by was » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:17 pm

indian_in_uk wrote:Thanks Mate,

Employer letter was just about that I am working with them from so and so date, my salary and my national insurance number. (It DID NOT say anything about that the employment will continue if ILR is granted etc..).
Hi indian
i would like to know about ur absenses. how many days u were abasent from uk. bec my absenses are bit too many ie 404

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:22 pm

She asked for original WP, isn't that in your passport or do you mean the approval letters?

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:27 pm

The employer letter is needed to prove that HSMP condition is satisfied: being economically active.
Perry Ismangil

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:29 pm

ismangil wrote:The employer letter is needed to prove that HSMP condition is satisfied: being economically active.
I thought that was what the p60 is for?
Can someone clarify how this is processed.
Do they rely on p60 or are they going to start calling your former employers to see if you worked there?
Because I plan to do this be mail, I handover the p60's as that is what is requested, if they need this other stuff, then I'd rather include it than have them start investigating unnecessarily and holding up the process.
I am on HSMP and now self employed so they can only ask me how I am employing myself.
Last edited by SYH on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:32 pm

SYH wrote:
ismangil wrote:The employer letter is needed to prove that HSMP condition is satisfied: being economically active.
I thought that was what the p60 is for?
I guess so. Technically the P60 is not mentioned in SET(O) form. The employer letter in my case has a start date thereby I can show I was active for the whole period. So I didn't submit like 5 P60s...
Perry Ismangil

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:32 am

was wrote:
indian_in_uk wrote:Thanks Mate,

Hi indian
i would like to know about ur absenses. how many days u were abasent from uk. bec my absenses are bit too many ie 404
Mine were quite less (about 10 weeks in total), the case worker asked me to mention all.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 am

SYH wrote:She asked for original WP, isn't that in your passport or do you mean the approval letters?
Yeah She asked for previous Original Work Permit documents and HSMP approval letter.

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 am

SYH wrote:She asked for original WP, isn't that in your passport or do you mean the approval letters?
Yeah She asked for previous Original Work Permit documents and HSMP approval letter.