ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last Minute Check (Urgent Please) SET - O ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Last Minute Check (Urgent Please) SET - O ILR

Post by junaidcg » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:53 am

Hi There,
I am on tier 1 from jan 2010 and my PEO appointment is by end of December. So I have couple of questions, would be nice if someone shed some light on it.

1. Earnings:
I am currently on self employment but I was on full time employed until may, To avoid confusion I am not claiming any points from my self employment earnings. Instead I am just showing last 8 months salary slips of full time employment to avoid confusion. but I kept all the self employment documents ready in-case if they asked me for. Is it a right approach or should I add my self employment documents from the beginning?

2. Absence:
I am under 180 days for last 5 years but in form its asking clearly from my first entry which was 2 and half year earlier then on my student visa and its asking me to provide evidence, in that case should I just photocopy of entry/exit stamps on my passport along with tickets? (the problem is I have one travel ticket missing, So in that case I was wondering do i really need this ticket or if I am under 180 days it should be okay?

It will be really helpful if someone help me on this, thanks a lot and Merry Christmas !

Regards,
Jay

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Last Minute Check (Urgent Please) SET - O ILR

Post by sagareva » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:18 am

1 on income

if employment income is sufficient, you can use just that so long as it is within 15 month period.

it may raise questions though, just curiosity really but it will strike them as unusual and draw attention, so all depends really on details

can't really advice you further because i havent seen you or your documents, or know what sort of self employment you have or what documents those would be if you were providing them

2. you can be absent under 180 days in each year, no need for tickets normally. you do not need to show absences for a period beyond the qualifying period for ilr (last five years), you can just start list at 5 years ago and explain this separately in notes and on cover letter.

actually unless you have not left the uk at all between student status and getting tier 1, i woudl suggest you put the date of first entry as tier 1 in the date of first entry. normally peopel try to indicate date of start of qualifying period, althoug hthe question is indeed ambiguous. if you resided here earlier in different status, indicate it elsewhere on the form to avoid any impropriety, just put in a note under "other information" saying "previously resided as a student from such and such to such and such dates, not included in qualifying period for ILR"
**Please note, you can no longer contact me by PM because owners of this board accused me of using it to recruit clients, and disabled my ability to read and send PMs.**

junaidcg
Newly Registered

Re: Last Minute Check (Urgent Please) SET - O ILR

Post by junaidcg » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:32 am

Thanks for the helpful guidance Sagareva !

1. Since I got Tier 1 before April 2010, I am qualifying well over the minimum salary requirement of last 8 months of employment(under 15 months from date of application). So to avoid any complication I am showing only the employment income. The thing which bothering me is section 5.1-5.5 where they asking to put down the monthly rent and take home income and later in 5.6 they asking for details of income I mention earlier. I guess I will just show my employment income and if they ask more detail of current income then I will show my Self Employment (Director of LTD company).

Documents of self employment as director of ltd company I am keeping for worse scenario.
1. Letter from accountant confirming the total dividend amount being credit to me with accounts.
2. Dividends Vouchers.
3. Personal Bank Statement Indicating dividend amount being credited.
4. Business Bank Statement indicating dividend amount being transferred.
5. Share Certificate and Certificate of incorporation.

do you think this is sufficient for worse case if they ask?

2. Thanks for advice, again I have photocopied entry and exit for just in-case thing along with tickets, overall even if I include my student visa/psw I am still not crossing more then 150 days. but I think you're right I should put down the date of entry as date of qualifying, so when they calculate year to year its more clear for them.

Also another question in section 11L they asking for "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rule" . What exactly this mean, what additional documents needed for this?

Thanks for all the help !