ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Tier 2 General Partner Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Multiple Tier 2 General Partner Visa

Post by cooldreamboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:21 am

Hello All,

I have a small doubt regarding Tier 2 General Partner Visa. I applied in June-2014 for Tier 2 General Partner visa based on my wife's status in UK who is on Tier 2 General visa (Sponsored by an employer). At that time I was studying in Germany. I got the UK visa and went to UK for finding employment. I didn't manage to find some good job in the UK and decided to come back to Germany where I found a good job. Now currently I am working in Germany. In the meanwhile my wife has got new sponsorship. Now I am planning to go back to UK permanently leaving my job here in Germany. It means I have to apply for new dependent visa because of new COS (certificate of sponsorship) that my wife has got. My doubt is I already have Tier 2 General Partner Visa stamped on my passport based on older COS. Applying new visa based on new COS would be of any problem? I am just confused if it creates some trouble or it is normal.

--
Thanks,

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Multiple Tier 2 General Partner Visa

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:29 am

It should be fine. Its normal for Tier 2 employees for change sponsors and their dependents applying for a new visa.

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:15 am

Thanks for the reply. I was worried because I lived in the Uk only for 2-3 months on that visa and came back to Germany. So might be they ask me why I didn't live in the UK and now applying for new visa. I hope that won't be a problem.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:00 pm

You don't need a new visa now provided your existing visa is still valid.
There is no requirement to reapply for dependant leave just because your wife's sponsor changed. The dependent visa is not linked to the sponsor only the main applicant's is.

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:07 pm

@manci: My visa is still valid but I don't think I can travel on that visa because this is linked to my wife's older COS on that basis I got this visa. Now she has new COS, which means my visa is invalid and I need to apply for new one which would be based on my wife's new COS.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:19 pm

not so, re-read my post above

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:27 pm

@manci: I have read it clearly and I know what you are saying. Accoring to you I don't need to reapply visa but I think I have to that is wat has been told from PWC which did all visa processing for my wife in the UK. They said because your wife has new COS you need to reappply for visa.

cooldreamboy
Newly Registered

Post by cooldreamboy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:47 pm

@manci: I read on the post which has the same question that I am asking where you have answered someone that u need to apply for new visa and here you are saying I don't need to apply for new visa. I think you don't know clearly or you just giving random answers to people.