ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier1 to Tier 2 and Dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adl

Switching Tier1 to Tier 2 and Dependent ILR

Post by adl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:46 pm

I will really appreciate if someone comments on my queries please.

I have been on Tier1 general since 2010 and now thinking to switch Tier2. I know that if leave to remain (5years) combination of ( Tier1 + Tier2) make Main Applicant for ILR.
My dependent (wife) joined me in 2011 and she is entitle to have ILR same time as me (in 2015) under Tier1 Immigration Rules. My queries is that if I changed my visa category from Tier1 to Tier 2 , would it effect of my wife ILR in 2015??

Thanks all your help and advice in advance…..!

vinny

Re: Switching Tier1 to Tier 2 and Dependent ILR

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Should not affect your wife's eligibility for ILR under 319E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adl

Post by adl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:42 pm

vinny wrote:Should not affect your wife's eligibility for ILR under 319E.

Thanks Vinny for your prompt reply n reference :D

Balajikaki
Newly Registered

Post by Balajikaki » Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:24 pm

Hi,

I am switching the visa from Tier 1(Gen) to Tier 2 because of closing the Tier 1 extenstions in April 2015 and my current Tier1 vis valid upto October 2015.

If i switch into Tier2 visa, are my dependent family member can continue upto October 2015 as Tier 1 (Gen) depedant visa? or they want to apply with me while switching to Tier 2?

And also, is there any specific salary requirements for switching from Tier 1(Gen) to Tier 2.

I would appreciate it if anyone could help me on this.

Thanks
Balaji