ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Valid Course Ended

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Visa Valid Course Ended

Post by bluemoonrising » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi

My friends visa was granted for an extra 2 years. Their course ended in 2014 and they graduated but due to the a mistake with the home office they granted them a visa till 2017

they must have thought they were starting their first year instead of their last

So my question is are they allow to work for the full 40 hours? or must they leave the country now that the course has ended?

bluemoonrising
Newly Registered

Re: Visa Valid Course Ended

Post by bluemoonrising » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:57 pm

FYI the course did not finish early, it finished the time it was meant to, but the Home office probably thought it was a 3 year course (because it is) but my friend already did the first 2 years in a previous uni

all these details were made clear during the application, and its a degree transfer programme so hundreds of students do it each year

it seems to be a mistake by the home office

So that said is it really difficult getting a company to sponsor you on tier 2? and are they allowed to work full time till then? or only 4 months after the end of the course?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visa Valid Course Ended

Post by Wanderer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:27 pm

If the person in question is not studying then the visa is not valid.

Pretty sure playing the dumb guy on this will only lead to issues later and probable deportation for fraud.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....