ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS Expereince..

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beinghuman

NCS Expereince..

Post by beinghuman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi Everyone

my wife is EEA national and she hold PR from last 1 years which mean she don't need to prove her treaty rights again ( if n not wrong)
the guy said did you bring your P60 for 5 years to prove treaty rights and i said we don't need because we already hold PR and he said its better to have for safe side but we don't had during NCS visit. He gone and come back he said i rang HO they are happy to take application without treaty rights docs and if HO will need anything they will write to us .... :shock: ... i hv no idea how he is doing his job..

Please i have few questions if any senior member can help out :(
1 He said my wife is EEA national so she need to prove she was in Uk during her 12 months period after PR
2 She was working 7 months on pay slips but 5 months she work for 0 hours contract so whenever employer need bt no more then 15 hours a week and without pay slips
3 Employer happy to give us employer letter to say she was working during that time
4 The guy in NCS said send me scan copy on my email today so he will send application in HO tomorrow.

What we should do now send scan copy of employer letter to him will be enough or send original one to HO with covering letter

please help me to stress out
Thanks for reading and hope this experience will help others as well during them visit

jaweb
Member of Standing

Re: NCS Expereince..

Post by jaweb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi

I am eea citizen too and sent my permanent residency card along with my wrs. You also need to send recent payslips since she got her PR
I did not send any payslips before or during my pr period. Just after I received my pr

beinghuman

Post by beinghuman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:30 pm

HI thx for reply

but i dnt knw in my case the guy in NCS said send scan copy whatever i can provide to cover 5 months . i have emplyer letter and should i send e mail scan copy to him and HO as well by post.. this i dont knw :(

thanks
Last edited by beinghuman on Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi

I have not used NCS. If the guy of NCSsays to send something then I would send the employment letter

beinghuman

Post by beinghuman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:08 pm

Yes i think as well and hope will be ok

Thanks

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:14 pm

beinghuman wrote:Hi Everyone

my wife is EEA national and she hold PR from last 1 years which mean she don't need to prove her treaty rights again ( if n not wrong)
the guy said did you bring your P60 for 5 years to prove treaty rights and i said we don't need because we already hold PR and he said its better to have for safe side but we don't had during NCS visit. He gone and come back he said i rang HO they are happy to take application without treaty rights docs and if HO will need anything they will write to us .... :shock: ... i hv no idea how he is doing his job..

1 He said my wife is EEA national so she need to prove she was in Uk during her 12 months period after PR
2 She was working 7 months on pay slips but 5 months she work for 0 hours contract so whenever employer need bt no more then 15 hours a week and without pay slips
3 Employer happy to give us employer letter to say she was working during that time
4 The guy in NCS said send me scan copy on my email today so he will send application in HO tomorrow.

What we should do now send scan copy of employer letter to him will be enough or send original one to HO with covering letter

Thanks for reading and hope this experience will help others as well during them visit

According to you the guy said she needs to prove she was in the UK for the last 1 year, not prove she was working. Am not sure why the guy is asking you again as I assume she applied with her passport or ID card? This should suffice.

Her passport or ID card will cover her for the last 12 months assuming they were issued before the said period if not just include the old passport or ID card , you can always include a utility bill too but it doesn't have to be prove of employment.

All the best.

beinghuman

Post by beinghuman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Thanks
We explain that guy and provided old, new passport and ID card. We had utility bills as well during NCS visit but he said no it will not prove so need pay slips or employer letter or and benefits letter or anything which she can prove she was here during 12 months periods after PR granted. He said there is no stamps on passport or ID on EEA citizen so thts why they need to find out.
we have 7 months covered with payslips and 5 months with employer letter so hope so will work

Thanks for reply

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:50 pm

To prove the treaty right of your wife must work that's why the employment letter or payslips were asked.
She needs to prove she was working 1 year after since she got her pr

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:03 am

No. She doesn't have to prove that she was working since the confirmation of PR, since working is not a requirement of maintaining PR. However, for naturalisation, she should show that she wasn't absent from the UK for longer that the allowed periods. This may be difficult for (non-working) EEA nationals when there are no entry/exit UK stamps in their passports.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jaweb
Member of Standing

Post by jaweb » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:58 pm

Hi

I got my approval this month. I have been living in Uk for 10 years now. I needed to prove I have been working since PR. HO asked this so it might be not a requirement to maintain the PR but as you can see in my case it was. As I am an EU member I could not prove any other way

beinghuman

Post by beinghuman » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi vinny and jaweb to reply

Yes Vinny you are 100% write we dont need to prove treaty rights because we already hold PR. Only they want to see if EEA national wasnt out more then 90 days or she was here after PR.

We send scan copy of employer letter to guy in NCS and he confirmed this letter will cover missing period. He said if HO need they will contact us to send original one by post. So hope will be ok or might be they will not ask to send original one by post ( God knows)

Just one question is employer letter will be ok ? employer confirm everything on letter and given all business details to contact him if there is issue.

Thanks again for reading and giving time
Happy new year in advance to everyone
hope new year will bring positive news :)

Jersey

Post by Jersey » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:57 pm

beinghuman wrote:Hi Everyone

You may want to read about my recent experience at NCS: http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 77078.html

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:05 pm

vinny wrote:No. She doesn't have to prove that she was working since the confirmation of PR, since working is not a requirement of maintaining PR. However, for naturalisation, she should show that she wasn't absent from the UK for longer that the allowed periods. This may be difficult for (non-working) EEA nationals when there are no entry/exit UK stamps in their passports.
I don't understand why UK entry or exit stamp should make a difference, Non EU family members of EU nationals with RC or PR don't get their passport stamped too when they travel and their passport is enough as evidence so I don't understand why the same can't be used by EU nationals too.

If I was in the same situation I will simply write the days I was off in the UK - if any - and send the application with a passport or ID card that cover the said period and maybe with some utility bills.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:55 am

Obviously, having UK-entry and exit stamps would make calculating days in and out of the UK a simple matter, unless the traveller has multiple valid passports simultaneously.

As UK Immigration Officers do not normally stamp passports of EEA nationals and their family members on both entry and exit, this makes the calculation doubly difficult, unless there are other means of knowing when they were in and out of the UK.

There are plans to reintroduce embarkation controls.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

beinghuman

Post by beinghuman » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:03 am

Hi lake1 and vinny thanks for reply

We provided passports and ID , utility bills still the man in Ncs said no we need any benefits letter or pay slips or employer letter.He said utility bills not prove this so we request same day to employer to give us employer letter and then we sent scan copy.

Thanks